We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap(ish) centrally located hotel

Yateley, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap(ish) centrally located hotel

Me and a friend are visiting Dublin for 3 days, 2 nights at the end of November and are looking for a mid range priced hotel in the heart of the city so that we dont have to waste too much time using transport etc.

Can anyone suggest somewhere that suits? We are staying a Saturday & Sunday night and are hoping to pay no more than €120 max a night on accomodation.

Thanks in advance.

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,389 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap(ish) centrally located hotel

Buswells seem to be offering great rates for advance bookings in their 'special offer' section.

It's an excellent location.

buswells.ie/index.cfm/…specials.htm

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap(ish) centrally located hotel

Jurys Inn in Parnell Street or Custom House Quay are fairly central and usually have a room rate of 99 euro.

Check out www.jurysinns.com

At that time of year though, you should be able to get some good deals in other hotels as well.

Have a look on www.laterooms.com

Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap(ish) centrally located hotel

We are booked at the Mercer Hotel which has a "special" advertised for 104 euros. This includes a full Irish breakfast both days and dinner for one of the nights, including a glass of wine. Hope this is of some help.

Ireland
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap(ish) centrally located hotel

Try Cassidy's, It at the top of O'Connell st, I have stayed ther a number of times and have yet to be disappointed.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap(ish) centrally located hotel

My son and I stayed at the Arlington Hotel in August this year which is located on the Liffy opposite Temple Bar and very short walk to H'penny gridge.This hotel is in an excellent location on Batchelors Walk around the corner from O'Connell Street.The Dublin "HOP ON HOP OFF bus stop is right outside the door.They have traditional Irish dancing everynight and Irish music.( a very popular place in Dublin)

We paid 89 Euros a night including breakfast.

We thought it excellent value for money.

And NO the music did NOT filter up to the room.

I would be happy to snswer any further questions.

Yateley, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap(ish) centrally located hotel

Thanks for all the replies, I shall look into them.

Does anyone know if the locations of the following are ok?

Isaacs Hotel, Store Street

www.isaacs.ie/isaacs-dublin-hotel/home.aspx

or

The Ripley Court Hotel, Talbot Street

http://www.ripleycourt.com/

Thanks again

Belinda

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap(ish) centrally located hotel

Cassidy's, O'Connell Street

8. Re: Cheap(ish) centrally located hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 18:17