We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family emergency - pls help w/directions

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Family emergency - pls help w/directions

Flying into Dublin airport from NY - please advise best public transportation options from airport to Rochestown (outside of Dun Laoghaire).

Going to National Rehabilitation Hospital

Thanks so much

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family emergency - pls help w/directions

Hoping everything is ok and will be for you and yours.

From Dublin Airport.

Head towards the M1 southbound, City. Get onto the Motorway and make your way in the lane marked for the Tunnell. Depending on what time you travel through this it can be anything up to €13 each way.

At the other side follow signs for Dun Laoighre until you to a place called Temple Hill. You will know you are there because the road will want to to change to go left into Dun Laoighre. Follow the signposts to Ballybrack and you will have to drive past the National Rehabiliation Centre.

Taxi: Well, just tell him.

Bus, The bus system is very confusing in Dublin so I will let somebody else field that.

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family emergency - pls help w/directions

Would suggest a mixture of public and private transport. Take the Buslink or Aircoach to town. Driver will tell you where to find Pearse Railway Station. Take the DART train out to Dun Laoghaire. Take a taxi from the DART station direct to Rochestown.

kerry
Level Contributor
515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Family emergency - pls help w/directions

Also the 59 bus will take you from Dunlaoghaire to Macintosh Park, which is directly behind the hospital.

www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp…

This hotel is down the street from the hospital if you need somewhere close to base yourselves:

http://www.rochestownlodge.com/

Dublin
Level Contributor
490 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family emergency - pls help w/directions

hI Mcgrotty,

Patton flyer operates between the airport and Dalkey. Rochestown ave would be a short taxi trip from Dalkey village. I think the bus departes from the short term car park.

Also listed when you put airport bus links into google is the dublin bus route 46a / 746 which it says operates between the airport and Dun Laoghaire ferry port. Again just a short taxi trip to Rochestown ave. A taxi rank is located at the side of the church at the top of the hill facing the train station.

Dublin
Level Contributor
490 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family emergency - pls help w/directions

Hi Mcgrotty,

Came across the route for the Dalkey flyer (patton express). It stops in Blackrock and also at the Royal Marine hotel in Dun laoghaire, which is facing the taxi rank.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,138 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family emergency - pls help w/directions

I can't help you, but just want to wish you all the best, and hope that things work out positively.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Family emergency - pls help w/directions

Hi McGrotty,

I don't know if you've left already, but just go straight with a taxi - don't waste your time messing around with buses from the airport. Time is your most precious commodity in a situation like this, and I can guarantee you that you won't want to waste it standing around waiting for buses.

I hope everything works out for the best for you.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family emergency - pls help w/directions

if it is a major emergency why are you waiting around for a bus. Get into a taxi and get going.

hope it works out well for you.

9. Re: Family emergency - pls help w/directions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 22:19