We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

euros

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
euros

hey guys, me and 7 other girls are coming over for the weekend in November so far we have managed to sort everything out on budget accommodation and flights!!

How much is an estimated amount of euros we shall need to hit the clubs and stuff like that?

Thanks

Faye x

huddersfield
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: euros

Hard to say really depends on where you go and what you do.What do you spend on a big night out in Norwich? take that figure and double it id say.You will easily pay 6 euro a bottle/pint,8 euro a spirit and mixer in the busy Temple Bar.You will have a great time though :)

dublin ireland
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: euros

hey there id spend easily 80-100 euro a night out in dublin without food

but in saying that it costs 15 euro into clubs in temple bar area before you even buy a drink

Norwich
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: euros

Thanks guys , this is a great help...

Dubliners watch out.....x

Norwich
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: euros

if not, there isnt a charge for using a debit card or credit card in Ireland is there?

x

huddersfield
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: euros

I would imagine using a credit card to withdraw cash would be the most expensive way to get cash.Credit card company will make a charge.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: euros

Fortunately with Fayre being from Norwich (as I am) she will probably be used to the soaring prices in pubs and clubs since Norwich became more of a tourist destination itself so although Dublin prices will be a shock, it won't be so much of one.

I've paid £3.50 a pint in some Norwich pubs recently which would equate to about 4.50 euros, but finding a pint for 4.50 euros in Dublin is going to be tough.

The one thing you won't find in Dublin is Happy Hour deals which often helps with the cost of a night early on.

I would save as much as you can, go over, don't worry about the prices and just have a wicked time.

Norwich
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: euros

thanks Ju123, in Norwich i normally spend around £80 but that includes everything ie drinks, taxi and kebab!! lol

Should be fun I cant wait x

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: euros

>if not, there isnt a charge for using a debit card or credit card in Ireland is there?

FluffyGertie, the charge will depend on your bank. I don't know about UK banks, but most Irish banks will add a charge for the currency conversion. The cheapest way to do this is usually on your credit card believe it or not - but ONLY if you are in credit and have the cash in your credit card account.

Where are you planning on going out? Remember that Temple Bar is the most expensive place in Dublin. Also, the price of drinks goes up after midnight in many late night bars so your money will disappear even quicker!

Norwich
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: euros

Hi MsJelly.

Thanks for that msg, I dnt have a credit card but Im sure some of the other girls are taking theirs.

I think the mission is to go to the Temple area, but its an weekend of a lifetime!!!

x

huddersfield
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: euros

MsJelly

Always seems a minefield to me this.Ive just spent 110 euro on credit card for tickets at Croke Park and they converted at 1.26 euro to my £1 sterling.My CC firm took 2.75% so makes it about 1.23. You struggle to get 1.23 on high street in UK at the mo.So CC card for shopping is fine but im sure youll pay more for withdrawing cash with it too.Pros and cons to whatever you do i guess.

Young girls having a positive balance on their CC,hmmmm how likely?