We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday night in Dublin with a 6 year old?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday night in Dublin with a 6 year old?

We're looking for some type of evening entertainment. I had hoped for a walking tour but that doesn't seem to be available.

Can anyone recommend a restaurant/pub with live music where a child would be welcome? She is well behaved and very accustomed to travel and dining out.

Deb

ireland
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday night in Dublin with a 6 year old?

hi Deb

some ideas!!

1. legally children have to be out of pubs by 9 o clock so your evening will be an early one, which may be a little difficult as a lot of the music pubs don't really get going until later on. I think o donoghues on baggot st starts early enough so you could try that - no food though.

Alternatively I think pubs serving food may be exempt from the 9pm rule so you could look at a cabaret/dinner type thing. so you could look at going to Johnny Foxes up in the dublin mountains (you will need a car) which I have heard is fairly good (a bit touristy/pricey but what the hell)

2. The ghost bus tour runs at 7pm and 9pm and is an entertaining alternative for the evening however may be a bit too scary for a 6 year old

3. I think the dublin sea safari also runs into the evening 6 or 7 so that may be an option

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
238 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday night in Dublin with a 6 year old?

Hi Deb,

You may be following it, but just in case, the thread titled Special Trip with 3 Grandsons has some Dublin for kids details. You may glean a few more suggestions.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday night in Dublin with a 6 year old?

Thanks for the ideas!

I was considering the ghost bus but it isn't recommended for under 14 so a 6 year old might be pushing it. I also wanted to do the ghost walking tour but it seems to have disappeared.

Regarding live music at restaurants/pubs. Is there a difference between restaurants that serve food and pubs? Where would she be welcome?

Deb