We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from heuston to american embassy

roh
munster
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Topic
from heuston to american embassy

Hi

I will be arriving by train to dublin at 8.30 am and need to find the quickest way to get to the american embassy. I would need to be there by 9.30 at the very latest so would it be faster to take a taxi than a bus. Or is it walking distance? Time is of the essence!! All help appreciated. Thanks.

Roh

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from heuston to american embassy

There's no direct bus to the embassy. At that hour of the morning, you're probably best to get the Luas to Abbey St (will take about 20mins), or if there's not too many workers on the 90, get that to O' Connel bridge

Then you can hop on the number 4, from O Connell St to the embassy and that will take about 15-20 mins

If you really have to be there for 9.30, I think instead of waiting for buses etc, you should hop in a cab

roh
munster
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: from heuston to american embassy

thank you for your prompt reply. I was thinking that would be the better choice. What price would i expect to pay on average i wonder?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from heuston to american embassy

Again, that hour of the morning you might get stuck at certain places, but I reckon 20 EUR max in a taxi

4. Re: from heuston to american embassy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 13:22