We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In which area should I stay in Dublin?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
5 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
In which area should I stay in Dublin?

We are planning to visit Dublin for 4 nights in March.In which area should we stay , so we can easily use transport and visit major attractions?

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In which area should I stay in Dublin?

Try for hotels in city centre , Dublin 2 postal district. It is good for shopping, museums, galleries, pubs etc plus hop-on hop-off bus tours. Within Dublin 2, Temple Bar area is full of tourist bars, eating places etc whereas area around Merrion Square is quieter. However, hotel costs in these areas can reflect their convenient locations, so if your budget is tight and you need to look further afield, try for a hotel near DART (suburban rail) or LUAS (tram) - both are relatively speedy ways to access the city centre. That said, budget accommodation is always possible in the centre of town, so happy hunting.

Georgetown...
Level Contributor
117 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In which area should I stay in Dublin?

Agree with previous poster. Prices are coming down an there's no reason to sat in the suburbs when you can get the same price in more convenient places in the centre.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: In which area should I stay in Dublin?

And don't be afraid to haggle - hotels are desperate for guests and are giving good deals to those willing to demand a discount over the phone.

4. Re: In which area should I stay in Dublin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 February 2009, 15:19
5. Re: In which area should I stay in Dublin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 10:24