We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nationwide flex account use in dublin

england
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Topic
nationwide flex account use in dublin

hi ive got a nationwide flex account and am going to dublin for a couple days next week, i just wonder where i can use my flex debit card for withdrawals without being charged an atm hangling fee as is sometimes the case. i looked into AIB but cant seem to get a definite answer.

Dublin
Level Contributor
794 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nationwide flex account use in dublin

Hi, I think you would need to check with Nationwide. Also check what network (example: LINK/PLUS/CIRUS) Nationwide are part of. They should recommend which bank charges the least for their transactions. I think AIB might be the cheapest, and generally offer a good exchange rate.

Hope that helps!

Lincs, UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nationwide flex account use in dublin

Hi,

We have a Nationwide Flex Account & have withdrawn cash from ATMs many times in Dublin and have not been charged any commission.

Also found this from www.money.co.uk:

ATM charge Europe: Nationwide charge no fee of any kind for transactions or withdrawals abroad.

Enjoy your trip!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nationwide flex account use in dublin

I have a Nationwide account and only use it abroad. Never been charged yet.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: nationwide flex account use in dublin

Nationwide have announced the introduction of charges for customers using ATMs abroad, so in future using your Nationwide card in Dublin will cost you.

findarticles.com/p/…ai_n31403093

Sunny Weymouth
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: nationwide flex account use in dublin

No im afraid you are WRONG . No charges for using nationwide flex in most of europe when the charges are introduced , including Ireland . See below

nationwide.co.uk/creditcard/goldcard/foreign…

6. Re: nationwide flex account use in dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 12:30