We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Close to airport

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
memphis, tn
Level Contributor
706 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Close to airport

Is the Four Seasons or the Fitzwilliam Hotel closer to the airport? I need to rent my car at the airport after we tour Dublin and I am trying to determine which would be closer to get from to the airport when we go to the airport to rent our car for the driving part of our vacation.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Close to airport

Marla,

Distance wise, the Fitzwilliam is closer, as it is in the city centre whereas the Four Seasons is about 2 miles south of the centre. The airport is about 6 miles north of the centre.

Both hotels are accessible from the airport by taxi or Aircoach service. However, the Four Seasons has an Aircoach drop-off/pick-up stop at the hotel entrance whereas the stop nearest the Fitzwilliam is about 150 yards away.

The Fitzwilliam is within walking distance of many of the major sights and shops in Dublin. The Four Seasons is a taxi ride away from these locations.

D.

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
706 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Close to airport

Which would you suggest?

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Close to airport

Ratings-wise, the Four Seasons seems to be the best in town according to Trip Advisor whereas the Fitzwilliam is about no. 28 in the ratings.

If you are happy with the occasional short taxi ride to and from the city centre, I'd go for the Four Seasons.

However, if you are looking for top class hotels which are more centrally located than the Four Seasons, check out the Shelbourne, the Merrion and the Westin. Personally, I'd choose the Merrion from this group.

4. Re: Close to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 17:21