We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather today in Dublin

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
memphis, tn
Level Contributor
706 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
weather today in Dublin

How would you describe the weather today (Tuesday) in Dublin? Did it get chilly once the sun went down? Were people wearing coats and rubber boots or shorts and flip flops?

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather today in Dublin

The weather in Dublin on Tuesday was very bright and sunny, but unseasonally cool with an easterly wind. People generally wore windproof jackets or sweaters - few flip-flops, few shorts and no rubber boots. It is unusual, even in wet weather, to see people wearing rubber boots.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather today in Dublin

Hi Marla, I see you have queries about yesterday's weather in several forums. I understand you are trying to get a feel for what kind of weather there might be, but the weather on any one day is not a guarantee of weather on any other day.

Today is cloudy and a bit gloomy, with a promise of rain, its quite cool. Yesterday was sunny, but there was a chilly wind so you would probably need a sweater.

The chances are you will not need shorts and flipflops, or coats and rubber boots.

You should have a wind and shower-proof jacket with a hood, and a pair of shoes - waterproof if you wish - but also some light cotton pants and tops, and possibly sandals.

It tends to be wetter in the west as the rain comes off the Atlantic, but its also rather warmer overall because of the Gulf Stream (warm sea current). Warm is relative though, if there is a breeze it will feel chilly.

I know this sounds a bit unhelpful, but honestly, the Irish weather is not helpful. It could do anything. It will not be cold, a sweater or fleece is as much as you will need in the evenings, it could be quite fine and warm (please God!) or it might be wet. Or most likely it will be both.

The same clothing will do for the whole country though, there is not a significant difference from one place to another.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather today in Dublin

I disagree with the last poster, about it not being cold.

I am still wearing my winter coat in the evenings, and today am wearing boots also (though not rubber ones!).

For me the weather here is still far too cold for shorts & flipflops.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather today in Dublin

Marla: I think Doneraile sums up the weather perfectly.

I normally look out the window in the morning before I make a decision on what to wear.

Heading out shortly but it's a very bright sunny day in Dublin (as was yesterday) but extremely windy.

A new bridge is being brought up the River Liffy but was unable to be floated up the river yesterday due to winds.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0512/bridge.html

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather today in Dublin

Dublinminx: I would agree there is a windchill in Dublin but I would advise somebody to layer their clothing. I was in town yesterday with my hillwalking jacket on as it was chilly leaving home. Once I got into town after a bit of walking It was like being in a sauna and I had NO t-shirt on!!!

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather today in Dublin

i agree with donaraile

Yesterday in Galway the sun was splitting the rocks - like a hot summer's day. Today it is blue skies and sunny but will change later.

Marla I know you have every single minute of your holiday planned down to the last details but really, you cannot predict the weather - we can't and we have been here all our lives.

Live a little - take time to be spontaneous - you will have a better holiday.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather today in Dublin

Dublinminx, as far as I know, Marla is coming in June, when it might be chilly, but it will not be really cold.

8. Re: weather today in Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2009, 06:41