We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain rain, go away!

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
109 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Rain rain, go away!

So, I am flying in to Dublin tomorrow morning, and I'm packing tonight. I see the weather forecast looks abysmal. I grew up in the rainy state of Oregon, and try not to get let it get me down, but I think living in SW Germany has made me downright angry when I see a rainy weekend forecast. So, give it to me straight. How bad is the weather there right now? I saw a forecast of windy, rainy, 50 degree (F) weather...is it all that bad there right now? I will obviously be packing my rain jacket...

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain rain, go away!

It's grey and overcast with light rain in Dublin right now and the temperature is 49 degrees F. But the past few days here have been bright and sunny, although quite windy and bit cooler than normal for this time of year.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,376 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain rain, go away!

trish_dadish, I suppose the best term for the forecast for the next few days would be "durchwachsen"... But can what can you do? This is Ireland. Last year around this time the weather was lovely. Hope you'll enjoy your visit anyway!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,383 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain rain, go away!

The weather in Cork city is rubbish today. It's completely overcast, windy and cold with light showers. Looks like the electric blanket could be coming back out of the attic again tonight!

Pack layers of clothing if you are coming to Ireland this week.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain rain, go away!

Dublin weather is pretty miserable today, it has been raining on and off all day. Unfortunately the forecast is not good for the weekend.

Dress in layers, at least that way if you get some unexpected sunhine you can peel off. A good umbrella and a light rain jacket in addition to your usual clothing should do.

Have a great trip.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
660 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain rain, go away!

It was quite nice while i was in Ireland (week before last) especially that last weekend. Beautiful and sunny nearly every day!

When I left on the 4th however it sent me away with rain.

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,360 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain rain, go away!

Nora - dark horse!

Where did you visit this time?

Phoenix
Level Contributor
660 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain rain, go away!

I was up in Northern Ireland!

Stayed around the Newry area. Lovely time again as per usual!

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
109 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain rain, go away!

Just got in from a lovely weekend in Dublin. However...I will say it rained the ENTIRE time. But we did not let it keep us down. We were lucky enough to have a break in the weather during our tour to Glen Duloch (I know my spelling is atrocious), we had sun for the first part of the morning, and I couldn't of asked for it at a better time.

I think today was the worse, it was cold and wet all day. Anywho, Dublin is still a great city, and getting to see the surrounding country was an awesome experince.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain rain, go away!

I guess you mean Glendalough!

Lovely place and you were lucky to get a break in the weather for your visit :-)

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain rain, go away!

Yup! Plenty of rain. The plants, shrubs and flowering trees in my garden are really suffering. Lots of flower petals scattered about. Big disappointment as is is my favourite time of the year. But hey! As I write this the sun is shining here in Dublin. I'm off for a long walk shortly to take advantage of it.

If you like gardens have a look at www.botanicgardens.ie and include them in your next visit.