We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Veggie restaurants or veggie-friendly in Dublin

Devon
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Veggie restaurants or veggie-friendly in Dublin

Hi!

My husband and I are going to Dublin next week and we both like our food. My husband is a vegetarian. Any yummy veggie eateries suggestions?

Thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Veggie restaurants or veggie-friendly in Dublin

Two well established city centre vegetarian restaurants are Cornucopia in Wicklow St and Juice in nearby South Great Georges St.

However, many "normal" restaurants offer vegetarian options.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Veggie restaurants or veggie-friendly in Dublin

Oooh good choice Domhnall....one of my favourite places to eat :-))

http://www.cornucopia.ie/

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Veggie restaurants or veggie-friendly in Dublin

Other good vegetarian restaurants are Cafe Fresh on the top floor of the Powerscourt Townhouse Centre in South William Street (close to Grafton Street)and Govinda's (Indian) in Middle Abbey Street (just off O'Connell Street).

I find that the vast majority of restaurants, cafes, pubs, and eating places in general in Dublin have vegetarian options.I have a vegeterian son and quite a few veggie friends who visit me in Dublin from to time and we never have any difficulty in finding restaurants offering both carniverous and vegetarian choices. We find certain types ethnic restaurants especially good at catering for vegetarians, in particular Indian, Lebanese, Japanese and Thai. The cafes at the Kilkenny Shop on Nassau Street and the Avoca Shop in Suffolk street have really delicious vegetarian options at lunchtime.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
170 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Veggie restaurants or veggie-friendly in Dublin

The Pearl Brasserie has a separate vegetarian menu if you ask. It's quite expensive but a lovely occasional treat. I've always found the food wonderful.

Devon
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Veggie restaurants or veggie-friendly in Dublin

Thank you very much for the suggestions! Will surely visit Cornucopia. The menu sounds orgasmic!

dublin
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Veggie restaurants or veggie-friendly in Dublin

cornucopia on wicklow street is prob the best, but not really a restraunt more like a cafe, but most decent restaurants have at least 3 veggie options these days, try venu brasserie on south annes lane.

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
483 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Veggie restaurants or veggie-friendly in Dublin

Another vote for Cornucopia here :-) Always used to go here on a Saturday after picking hubby up from the airport.

Food reasonably priced but does get quite crowded and you may end up sharing a table but that just means you get to check out what everyone else is eating! They used to make a vegan Mars bar cake which has never been surpassed - I still dream about it!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Veggie restaurants or veggie-friendly in Dublin

Cornoucopia fans:

You may be happy to hear that work has begun on renovating the ajoining shop. Noticed it being worked on, when in town yesterday :-)

9. Re: Veggie restaurants or veggie-friendly in Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 05:35