We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

left luggage near Connolly Station

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
Level Contributor
424 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
left luggage near Connolly Station

According to Irishrail.ie there is nowhere to leave luggage at the station.

irishrail.ie/your_journey/your_station.asp…

Does anyone know of somewhere within close walking distance to Connolly where I could leave my luggage for a few hours? Unfortunately the hotel I'm staying at does not have a left luggage service either.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: left luggage near Connolly Station

There's a major refurbishment going on at present in Connolly Station, which is probably why the left luggage lockers are not available.

The Global Internet Cafe in O'Connell Street has a left luggage facility:

http://www.globalcafe.ie/

Utah
Level Contributor
424 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: left luggage near Connolly Station

Thanks tapl. Any guess as to how long the walk is from Connolly to the Cafe? I just want to be prepared. Also, from a map, it looks like the best way to walk between the two places is across Talbot Street and then to Lower O'Connell?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: left luggage near Connolly Station

You could jump on the LUAS (tram) outside Connolly Station and go 2 stops to Abbey Street. The cafe will be just around the corner on your left.

It's about 10 minutes' walk from Connolly. Exit Connolly by the LUAS stop, cross the road and walk around Busaras (bus station), keeping it on your right and the back of the Custom House on your left. Walk straight down Lower Abbey Street, past the Luas stop and then turn left into O'Connell St to the cafe.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
551 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: left luggage near Connolly Station

Or there is an internet cafe directly across the road from the LUAS stop at Connolly that does luggage storage, or another internet cafe at the junction of Talbot Street and Gardiner Street that does it.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: left luggage near Connolly Station

Does Busaras still have left luggage lockers? They used to be in the basement...

K+P

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: left luggage near Connolly Station

I'm fairly sure the lockers are still downstairs in Busaras bus station. this is only across the street from Connolly Station. Last time I was in Connolly I noticed it was changing and the luggage lockers were gone, hopefully they are put back after the work

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: left luggage near Connolly Station

Last year I left some luggage at the internet café mentioned by newgrange across the road from Connlolly. I founnd it fine, they gave me a fairly sturdy numbered wrist-band to identify me as the owner. Think it was a flat 5€ charge for 24 hours. No problems.

8. Re: left luggage near Connolly Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2010, 06:18