We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

galway to dublin

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
galway to dublin

i'll be heading into dublin from galway on a saturday. what is the best route and how would i drive to get to the hotel mespil?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: galway to dublin

I'm not sure if you have a car before arriving in dublin, but I found the CityLink bus to be the cheapest way to get from Galway to Dublin. It's 5 Euro for a one way ticket. Or, you could take a look at Eirann buslines, which I think are a bit more money (not by a lot, though).

new york
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: galway to dublin

thanks, but i will be driving all the way.but that price for a bus seems incredible. i need a driving route from galway and then i know its got to be difficult to get thru the city... was wondering if there is a ring road or such to get to the hotel near stephen's green.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: galway to dublin

The route from Galway as far as the outskirts of Dublin is pretty straightforward - N6/M6, then N4/M4 then M50 southbound.

You just need to travel on the M50 to the next exit, signposted N7, and head for the city centre. Head straight down this road, following the LUAS(tram) track. Follow the LUAS track when it turns right into Davitt Road. You'll now have the LUAS and the canal on your left. Follow the canal for 2-3km and this will lead you to your hotel on Mespil Road (on the canal itself) it will be on the right hand side just before Baggot Street Bridge.

In my experience, this will be the most direct route for you. Your hotel is a bit of a distance from St. Stephen's Green which is further on (about a 15-20 minute walk away). The Mespil is actually located in the inner south city suburb of Ballsbridge.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: galway to dublin

Just to explain that the M50 is Dublin's oribital motorway so is the 'ring road' you are looking for.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,108 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: galway to dublin

The 5euro fare is pre booked special offer. The M50 is a Toll road, tickets can be pre booked or telephone paid.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: galway to dublin

the toll on the M50 is between the N3 and N4 junctions. You will be travelling between the N4 and N7 junctions so there will be no toll to pay

7. Re: galway to dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2010, 05:18