We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dublin for a day

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
dublin for a day

I am taking my sons girlfriend to dublin just for a day, how do i get the most out of our day? any suggestions for must do things.

thankx

pat

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dublin for a day

Do you like to shop? Or are you more interested in a "sightseeing" day? Or a bit of both?

a good day in Dublin would probably include- a walk around O'Connell Street, and the main shopping street on the northside, Henry Street. Cross over to the Southside going over the Ha'penny Bridge and into Temple Bar for a cup of coffee and a look around.

Then onto Trinity for a walk through the campus, or a walk up to Dublin Castle for a look around (or both) stopping in little shops along the way.

Lunch somewhere central (perhaps Cafe Bar Deli or Mackrel- both on Grafton Street), before having a wonder around the shops, or walking off lunch around Stephens Green.

Shopping for a few hours. Take the weight off your feet with a guinness in somewhere like Keoghs (Ann Street, off Grafton Street) before you start thinking about heading back to the airport.

There is a one-day bus tour is you want to concentrate on the sites...

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dublin for a day

I've done Dublin in a day many times (ferry from Holyhead then DART into town) and although tiring it's fab!!

If it's your 1st time I'd do the following...

Walk through Grafton St, paying a visit into Brown Thomas before a visit to St Stephens Green shopping centre and a wander around St Stephens Green.

Back up Grafton Street and a wander along Nassau St - Kilkenny Craft Centre is lovely and I like to go there for lunch.

Stroll through Trinity College

Stroll past The Clarence before cross Ha'penny Bridge.

If you have time I really recommend a tour around the Castle.

Have a lovely time.

Caroline