We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlink Map needed

Southside Virginia
Level Contributor
179 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Airlink Map needed

I know I have seen a map showing Airlink stops in central Dublin but I am unable to locate it.

Help please, Thanks

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airlink Map needed

www.aircoach.ie/map.routes.ballsbridge.php

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlink Map needed

Now, you have me curious. Are Airlink and Aircoach separate bus companies?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airlink Map needed

Snidely: Airlink and Aircoach are not the same company.

The map you have given is for Aircoach a private coach service from the airport to Dublin City centre and Ballsbridge.

Airlink is the airport service run by Dublin Bus and here is a map for Dublin Bus.

dublinbus.ie/en/…

Just click on the O'Connell St/Quays zone for setdowns/pickups by the airport service 747/748

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airlink Map needed

Is there a preference on which bus company to take into central Dublin?

Southside Virginia
Level Contributor
179 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airlink Map needed

Thanks folks, now I have a second question.

Can I use Airlink to get from the airport to the Schoolhouse Hotel in Ballsbridge or should I use Aircoach?

Your advice is most appreciated.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airlink Map needed

Snidely - it depends on where you are staying, and what time you need to travel. Aircoach is 24 hours, Airlink is not. Aircoach routes travel from Dublin airport in the northern suburbs through the city out to the southern suburbs. Airlink routes just run to the city centre and Heuston station. Airlink is slightly cheaper.

roustabout - the Aircoach Ballsbridge route stops outside the Schoolhouse. Airlink doesn't go anywhere near it.

www.aircoach.ie

Southside Virginia
Level Contributor
179 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airlink Map needed

Tapl,

Thank you for the prompt advice. When I could not find what I wanted to see on a map, I knew you folks would tell me what I needed to know. Keep up the good work.

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airlink Map needed

I'm heading to Parnell Square so both buses service it.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airlink Map needed

And also the no. 16a and 41 Dublin Bus routes from Dublin Airport (€2.20 one way adult fare but they stop every few hundred metres and are not geared up for carrying lots of lugggage, although you can take it on board).

www.dublinbus.ie

10. Re: Airlink Map needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2010, 05:17