We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help -- Mail issues between Dublin and US?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Help -- Mail issues between Dublin and US?

I sent out 17 postcards on 10/28 from green mailbox outside of tourism center. 16 of them to the States...1 to Hong Kong. Bought the right postage (at counter in Trinity College).

However, the 1 to HONG KONG made it and 1 to another city in NJ made it, but NO OTHER ONES SEEMED TO HAVE ARRIVED?

Anyone else have these issues with missing postcards/mail?

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help -- Mail issues between Dublin and US?

Various family members sent birthday cards from Ireland and the UK to my daughter in the US last week (VT) and all arrived safely and on time. Postcards - from anywhere, to anywhere - are notorious for arriving either very slowly or not at all.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help -- Mail issues between Dublin and US?

ugh...thanks...spent ages picking out EACH postcard and writing them out...will continue to wait...

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help -- Mail issues between Dublin and US?

Joanne-

I get and send mail regularly to/from the US....recently I've had at least three distinct incidents where post hasn't made it- you might be on to something!!

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help -- Mail issues between Dublin and US?

I work for a company who collects mail on behalf of a number of companies and we regularly get mail which is not for us or any of the companies.

Lots of post gets sorted wrong and unless the person who gets it in error puts it back in the post it gets lost forever.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help -- Mail issues between Dublin and US?

ugh - -that's why I pre-printed labels (same ones I used for Hong Kong trip last year - -they ALL made it to their destination in a timely manner). Didn't want my handwriting to be an issue. Did NOT rubber-band them in the post box...Funny how one arrived in the US and one in Hong Kong. Also mailed a separate, additional card to my nephew on 10/30 (2 days later) and THAT, TOO, hasn't arrived. Sooo frustrating...

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help -- Mail issues between Dublin and US?

Do you believe today, December 8, and they STILL haven't arrived???

Folsom, California
Level Contributor
368 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help -- Mail issues between Dublin and US?

I mailed postcards from Dingle back to California in March - and was amazed that they arrived in less than a week. Remarkable.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,247 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help -- Mail issues between Dublin and US?

I also sent a postcard to Indiana on the 30th of Nov and it arrived yesterday!

seems like a batch of mail was lost somewhere along the line!

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help -- Mail issues between Dublin and US?

Thanks.

One card of the bunch made it to Hong Kong (?) and one other made it to the town next to me...My CLOSE family cards never arrived. Also, mailed my nephew another card two days later and that hasn't arrived either...frustration...wait and see.

Dublin
Level Contributor
913 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help -- Mail issues between Dublin and US?

There was an article in one of our freebie local newspapers a few months back reporting that the sorting office was a bit of a disaster area and some post was just left in boxes on the floor being kinda 'overlooked'.

I rarely post but coincidentally (or maybe not) sent a birthday card in a sealed envelope to a little birthday boy two weeks ago to an address a mere 2 km's away and it has not appeared yet, and I doubt it will. Now, I don’t want to cast asparagus around but I had a little notion that because of the brightly covered envelope perhaps someone might have thought it contained a wee € note, however if your’s were postcards then perhaps they are in that box on the floor....sorry to hear about your postcards, I hope they arrive.