We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Dublin Airport Hotel

Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good Dublin Airport Hotel

Could someone PLEASE recommend a good hotel at Dublin Airport, one with a 24 hour shuttle service.

I've spent forever online checking out prices and reviews and none of them seem to get fabulous reviews. Normally we stay at the oh-so-useful (and cheaper) Bewleys Hotel but in the current weather conditions I'm worrying about accessing the hotel by shuttle. The road is a secondary one and will probably still be icy by Friday night when I need to get there.

Anybody any recommendations? PLEASE?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Dublin Airport Hotel

We've yet to encounter a fabulous airport hotel anywhere! Is there something you're looking for other than somewhere to get your head down before/after a flight and a 24 hour shuttle?

If you want to minimise your travelling distance between hotel and terminal in the current weather conditions, then the Radisson and the Clarion (both 4 star) are within the airport precincts and only a few minutes' drive to the terminal. Both hotels have 24 hour courtesy shuttles.

The next nearest hotels to the airport are the Premier Inn (good quality budget hotel) and the Carlton (also 4 star). Both are along a main road (the N1). Premier has a courtesy shuttle but it it's not 24 hours. Carlton has a 24 hour courtesy shuttle. Both are within about 10 mins drive of the terminal.

Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Dublin Airport Hotel

Tapl, you're so right, what on earth am I expecting from a hotel airport??? I sound like the deaf old lady in Fawlty Towers when she demands a better view and Basil points out that she's not likely to see herds of wildebeest roaming the plains in Torquay!

Proximity is really the only thing that matters in this instant so I'll duly narrow my choice down to the Radisson and the Clarion and go for the cheapest rate I can get. I've spent so long reading reviews that Ive been getting a little bewildered. The red wine isn't helping matters. (Medicinal.)

dublin
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Dublin Airport Hotel

I stayed in the crowne plaza northwood santry and it was gorgeous!! 80 for a double room. they have an airport shuttle bus so check it out and see what you think!

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Dublin Airport Hotel

Any reason it has to have a 24 hour shuttle? Perhaps leaving very early? I like Premier Inn. It is very nice, extremely clean, beds really comfy. Can't think of anything I don't like about it. No wildebeests though.

Tracy, California
Level Contributor
244 posts
547 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Dublin Airport Hotel

Our experience multiple times with Bewleys is that they are so geared for travelers that their shuttles will be prepared for bad weather or good. They are not world-class, but they do what they do well.

6. Re: Good Dublin Airport Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2010, 06:19