We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

regency hotel near the airport

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
west yorkshire
10 posts
Save Topic
regency hotel near the airport

hi

this is the first time we have visited dublin and have booked to go to regency hotel near the airport?? Is this a good place to stop? can we get a bus from the airport directly to hotel??? if so which number?? or do we have to go into the centre of town , what would think a taxi would cost from the airport??

hope somebody can help

Dublin
Level Contributor
792 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: regency hotel near the airport

The Regency is a grand hotel, but while I have used the function rooms and bar, can't comment on the rooms.

It's on the main route from the Airport to the city centre, with a busy 4 lane road outside (however this won't impact your stay in the hotel)

The bus No.41/16A runs through the airport into the city centre, via this hotel - check out www.dublinbus.ie, and put in the route no.

A lot of taxi's won't want this fare, as it is so local to the airport (15 mins). The bus is far cheaper, and allowing for any waiting times, will probably only add 10 mins to your journey time, assuming arrival between 7am and 10pm.

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: regency hotel near the airport

Hi Dom:

I used to live at the apartments at the back of the Regency until recently.

There are considerably hotel works going on at the back of the hotel at the minute, and are in the very early stages- I am not sure what it is- but they have been digging a very big whole. I would think that unless you were towards the front of the hotel you this might wake you up first things in the morning.

The hotel is easily accessible into town- about a 20 minute bus journey. you can get- any of the 41s, any of the 16s, 33, 3. They come around around every 5 minutes. You will need 1.30 in change to get on the bus to bring you to the city.

The hotel seems to me to get a lot of coach package tours- there were usually 2 buses there every morning on my way to work.

A taxi from the airport will cost about 15 euro I think- you can get a bus as well, as ask them to stop at the Regency.

I dont want to put you off this place, particularly if it is booked already- but you may get a better deal from a B&B further down the Drumcondra road- try a search for B&Bs in Drumcondra- still accessible to the airport, but may be more comfortable for your stay.

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: regency hotel near the airport

I think the Regency is a pretty poor hotel. The decor in parts of the hotel needed updating 15 or 20 years ago. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone and would advise you to cancel if at all possible. There must be nicer hotels in the area. Its isnt even too handy for the airport. Its just happens to be on one of the main roads to the airport. It is in fact closer to the city centre as possible. If you check the reviews here on Tripadvisor you'll see that people either hate the Regency or are pleasantly surprised. The only thing that surprised me is that so many people were staying in it.

Belfast
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: regency hotel near the airport

The Regency Hotel was very scruffy and run down when I stayed there 2 yrs ago. Don't know what it's like now but we were very dissapointed back then. I would try and make a reservation elsewhere if I were you. I'm sure you'll find something alot better nearer to the centre.

Cork
Level Contributor
768 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: regency hotel near the airport

If the booking is cancellable then there are better places to stay than there.