We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rolys Bistro

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Rolys Bistro

Can anyone please comment on how busy Rolys is on a tuesday night as I am thinking of making a booking for January to celebrate my hubands 50th and would like it to be a buzzy atmosphere ,thanks, L

Dublin
Level Contributor
792 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rolys Bistro

Can't be specific about a Tuesday, but I'm been there mid-week before, both during the day, and in the evening. Always had a fantastic time - great service and great food.

I don't know about 'buzzy', You need to specify what you mean. As this is a little exclusive, it is slightly more intimate. But I've been there with big groups also. Most eating there will be over 35 years old, hence I would not expect lap dancing!!!

You'll have a great time.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rolys Bistro

Kalalam,

Rolys is always busy. On a weeknight there will probably be a lot of business people dining there so the atmosphere may be a bit subdued.

Either way, I've always felt that the best thing about Rolys is the food..You'll get better service etc. elsewhere but very few places can consistantly provide the high standard of food that Rolys can.

ireland
Level Contributor
171 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rolys Bistro

I've eaten in Roly's a few times (mind you only at lunch) and haven't been overly impressed. The food, while good, doesn't deserve the accolades it gets. Friends who recently attended a wedding there were of the same view.

For good food and a buzzy atmosphere I'd go to Eden, L'Gueleuton, Mermaid Cafe or Bang.