We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Dublin

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Dublin

I'm planning on visiting Ireland for the first time at the end of May. I plan on staying in Dublin and perhaps venturing south toward Thurles and Tipperary. I'm from the US and am thinking about getting a car to visit Tipperary. How are the roads and driving for first-time visitors?

If anyone has suggestions for things to do and places to stay, I would welcome them. Thanks in advance.

auckland
Level Contributor
424 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Dublin

Make sure you do the Kilmainham Jail visit.It was not just informative, but very sobering.Good overall history background for Ireland too.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Dublin

If you take a look at the Top Questions about Dublin section on the right hand side of the Dublin Forum, you'll find tons of information, recommendations and suggestions for things to see and do, places to stay, eat, drink, shop, how to get around, transfer options from Dublin Airport, locations for day trips, maps etc. etc when visiting the capital. Have a read of these and then post again if you need more help.

We'd also suggest taking a look at the Top Questions about Ireland section on the Ireland Forum to help you plan your trip, including information on driving in Ireland. You'll also find information on public transport (bus and train) which maybe an option for you depending on where you want to visit.

It will help people here to recommend accommodation options if you give people an idea of what you are looking for (B&Bs, hotels, hostels, city centre or suburbs, etc) and where and maybe an idea of your budget in euro. Also so if you can give us some information about your interests, then we can recommend specific places to see and things to do.

3. Re: First time to Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2010, 06:16