We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Hotels; Shelbourne, Westin or Conrad?

Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin Hotels; Shelbourne, Westin or Conrad?

Which one is best.?

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,408 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin Hotels; Shelbourne, Westin or Conrad?

The Shelbourne was a favourite - but like other hotels that expanded over the last decade the banking system has just taken over its control and accountants will have a major influence on its operation, so keep an eye on the reviews.

I have always like the Westin, and you really can't go wrong, and this hotel will have the consistency of stable management and control.

Both are in excellent locations - if it was me, I'd probably now veer towards the Westin until the dust settlles on NAMA hotels??

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin Hotels; Shelbourne, Westin or Conrad?

None of them!

Although I havent stayed in either the Shelbourne or the Conrad, I have stayed in the Westin and wrote a review at the time tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g186605-d2126…

Was in the Shelbourne last Saturday afternoon and personally I feel it has lost its finesse and 'grandeur'

My 'best' of hotels of a 'comparible standard' would be based on last Saturday's stay in The Merrion Hotel http://www.merrionhotel.com/ Now that's a good one! I have written a review which should be posted in the next couple of days.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin Hotels; Shelbourne, Westin or Conrad?

I have just had a weekend at the Conrad. I use the hotel regularly and love it. The breakfast is buffet is wonderful. The hotel is in a very quiet location and is comfortable. The standard rooms are quite plain, but the beds are lovely.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin Hotels; Shelbourne, Westin or Conrad?

check out and see if there are deals in the four seasons - its fab.

IOM
Level Contributor
305 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin Hotels; Shelbourne, Westin or Conrad?

Another vote for the Conrad here. I stay there regulary and the rooms are always clean and well presented. If you want to push teh boat out a bit it is worth booking a suite. Very nice.

6. Re: Dublin Hotels; Shelbourne, Westin or Conrad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 06:20