We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there coffee maker/kettle in Dublin hotel room?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
427 reviews
Save Topic
Are there coffee maker/kettle in Dublin hotel room?

I like to brew myself a cup of tea in evening.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there coffee maker/kettle in Dublin hotel room?

Most do but not all. Some garbage about health and safety. I always check when booking, Chris always checks for hair dryers.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there coffee maker/kettle in Dublin hotel room?

It would be very unusual for a hotel room or B&B in Dublin not to have a kettle, cups, tea/coffee. Coffee makers would be much less common here.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there coffee maker/kettle in Dublin hotel room?

It's usually a kettle, rarely a coffee maker. If there is no kettle in the room, you can usually ask. My experience is the posher the hotel the less likely there is to be a kettle. The Conrad now has kettles at last, but when they didn't they would bring one when asked.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there coffee maker/kettle in Dublin hotel room?

thanks for your reply.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there coffee maker/kettle in Dublin hotel room?

If you're moving on to mainland Europe as part of this trip then tea/coffee making facilities in your room are less likely to be found unless at a holiday resort as it's not the 'norm' over there - fortunately in both the UK and Ireland it is the 'norm' and you'll be fine :-)

We always travel with one of those small travel kettles (purchased from the airport) and a selection of our favourite teabags when we got to Italy, France, Spain etc since, like you, we like a brew first thing and last thing...

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,223 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there coffee maker/kettle in Dublin hotel room?

I stayed in Lough Rynn Castle a while ago, and while they had tea and coffee making facilities in the room, they delivered a jug of fresh milk to the room on request. I thought it was a nice touch as I hate that awful UHT milk

7. Re: Are there coffee maker/kettle in Dublin hotel room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 06:22