We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick up rental car @ Dublin airport or near the Guiness Brew

florida
Level Contributor
554 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Pick up rental car @ Dublin airport or near the Guiness Brew

We are renting from AVIS. We will be staying near O'Connell Street.

It is the same price whether we pick up the rental car at Dublin Airport or near the Guinness Brewery.

It will be on a Wednesday morning by 9 am.

We will be heading southwest towards the Rock of Cashel.

Which location are we better off using to pick up the car?

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick up rental car @ Dublin airport or near the Guiness Brew

check it on the website or contact them directly -if u prepay then it will be less than if u just rent on arrival,if u dont get at airport then have to pay for transfer from airport to hotel either by bus or taxi -so might be better collect at airport.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,418 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick up rental car @ Dublin airport or near the Guiness Brew

Airport. And then take M50 orbital route to junction with N7. You will therefore avoid the city and have dualway/motorway all the way to Cashel

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick up rental car @ Dublin airport or near the Guiness Brew

theyre staying in o connell street

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,418 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pick up rental car @ Dublin airport or near the Guiness Brew

Yes, but it might be best to take a cab to the airport and pick up the car, rather negotiate the Dublin city centre traffic at 9am, particularly if they just starting out on the "wrong side of the road"

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,108 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pick up rental car @ Dublin airport or near the Guiness Brew

I am no Dublin expert but I drive past Kilmainham on the way to the N7 from the Docks avoiding the M50 so I would personally pick up from there, but then I know my way to the N7 from that location.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pick up rental car @ Dublin airport or near the Guiness Brew

It really is very simple to pick up from Avis in Kilmainham. I know it very well.

To get to Avis in Kilmainham you can catch a 78a or 51b from Aston Quay(between O'Connell St Bridge & ha'penny Bridge) however I'd recommend getting a taxi (as you may have luggage) It should only be about 8 € and should get you to the Avis office in 10 minutes.

At that hour of the morning you will be going against the traffic so it should not be a major concern for you!

From the Avis office in Kilmainham you just turn right when you come out the main gate and continue straight on through the junction with Sth Circular Rd into Inchicore Village. Turn left at the T Junction in Inchicore Village traffic lights on it).Then you just keep straight on this road (called Tyrconnell Rd) this then becomes the Naas Rd and it's just straight on. The only things to beware of are traffic lights and the Red Cow interchange.

You will be going against the morning traffic so no need to worry about city traffic. You will be heading straight for Tipperary :-)

7. Re: Pick up rental car @ Dublin airport or near the Guiness Brew

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2010, 07:20