We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin-Which HOHO bus?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles...
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin-Which HOHO bus?

We will be in Dublin for one day and want to purchase a HOHO ticket. Is there one co. that is better than another? Thank you.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin-Which HOHO bus?

We used the green ones and were happy with the choice. The main thing, with whatever company, is that if you want a bus with the conductor telling you about the sites, take one that says "LIVE COMMENTARY" on the front. Some just have recordings ( esp. the ones that cater to different languages).

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin-Which HOHO bus?

We'd recommend the Dublin Bus HoHo which is the green one. Dublin Bus is also responsible for running all of the city's regular bus services as well as airport transfers and their drivers/guides who deliver live commentary in English (other languages are recorded) get great feedback. Tickets are usually cheaper when purchased online.

http://www.dublinsightseeing.ie/citytour.aspx

Ireland
Level Contributor
39 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin-Which HOHO bus?

We took the green bus because it picked up outside of our hotel (shelbourne) and had read reviews about it having live commentary. The live commentary is not on every bus. We picked it up 3 separate times throughout the day and had live commentary one time but found both the recorded and live commentary equally good. The live one gave a bit more interesting tid bits. I would highly recommend the bus!

los angeles...
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin-Which HOHO bus?

Thank you all- the green bus it is!

Vadnais Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin-Which HOHO bus?

I'm planning on doing the HOHO, too. Are all the HOHO buses green, tapl? How often does the green bus come by? Does it have it's own schedule? If I'm waiting to catch a green bus...because I want the live commentary, and a different color bus comes first, will the next one likely be a green one?

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
265 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin-Which HOHO bus?

Grizabella,

I found these two threads that might answer your questions:

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g186605-i90-k345795…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186605-i90-k358…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dublin-Which HOHO bus?

What you are looking for is the Dublin Bus hoho whose buses are green. You can find out more, including the frequency of the service, if you click on the link we gave in post no.2 The other hoho buses are operated by Grayline and are usually red and sometimes yellow.

8. Re: Dublin-Which HOHO bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2010, 05:17