We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whelans

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC Area
Level Contributor
291 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Whelans

Hi,

I just booked tickets to see a show at Whelans next year for myself and a friend. This will be my first trip to Dublin. What is Whelans like? If the show starts at 8pm...do you have to be there at 8 to get good seats or is any place good to see the stage? How is the atmosphere? And most importantly where is located?! I've done some general web searching on whelans and have read only positive things. Also if my friend and I wanted to get quick, economical bite to eat before the show--any recommendations?

Ireland
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whelans

Roadtravir

Whelans is small but cosy....not sure how many 'seats' are available...I have been to one gig there and the seats were bar stools so the answer is proably yes get there early to get a seat and in any case you will be very close to the stage. It is not really a concert type venue but more of a pub (slighly bigger ) venue. it is located in Camden street, 5 mins walk from Stephens Green.... There is a lovely Spanish restaurant quite near...http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/17/pt/0/spid/62D14F13-D662-442A-B89A443922A7F5B2.htm....I can recommend it.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
714 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whelans

there's a good buzz on Camden St after 9pm. Food depends on which direction you're coning from - if i know the direction, then I can recommend some places.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whelans

Whelans is actually on Wexford Street. It's just a bar with steps down to a small stage area at the back. If you get there early you can get a spot in the lower level nearest the stage.