We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin hostels

auckland
Level Contributor
424 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin hostels

Hi there-my 23 year old daughter is travelling alone to Europe next week, and will spend a few days in Dublin.We have relations there, but they will be away in sunny Spain!She needs to find a central ,safe hostel.Any recommendations?Many thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin hostels

This thread has details of the better central hostels in Dublin.

tripadvisor.ie/…18288796

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin hostels

The best place to look is hostelworld. Even if you don't book with them, the reviews are extremely useful. Everyone who books with them is asked to review on return, so there are many comments and a percentage rating for each hostel on their site.

I'm staying at Four Courts hostel next weekend, based on the reviews there. I'll report back here, if it's not too late for you.

auckland
Level Contributor
424 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin hostels

Thank you so much for that.Yes please, an update would be great as she has nothing booked so far.

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin hostels

Hello,

I don't have any hands-on experience but I have been researching hostels myself for an upcoming trip and www.hostelz.com has been helpful.

While I'm not sure if they are considered central or not, Globetrotters and the Times Hostel both look very nice and have received great reviews.

auckland
Level Contributor
424 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin hostels

Thank you for that-will get her to follow up.I remember seeing the Globetrotters one when we were there last year-think it was quite central.Unfortunately I didn't take too much notice!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin hostels

Both are very central, particularly The Times hostel which is alongside Trinity College in the south city centre and close to College Green/Dame Street. It's a fairly new hostel which only opened last year. Globetrotters is in Lower Gardiner Street which is in the north city centre, right by Busaras (bus station) and Connolly railway station. There's a number of other very popular and good quality hostels in the immediate area, as well as the city centre's biggest concentration of bed and breakfast accommodation so it's a popular location for travellers to Dublin on a budget.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dublin hostels

I always recommend Abigail's Hostel on Aston Quay, as it's in Temple Bar (at the quiet edge) and overlooking the River Liffey, so a great location, you can walk everywhere. http://www.abigailshostel.com/

I agree with Sarah55UK - the reviews on hostelworld are good as only people who have stayed there can do a review, so they're genuine + up to date.

Some hostels (e.g. Abigails) have female-only dorms - your daughter might feel more comfortable booking this.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,634 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dublin hostels

Have a look at this current thread also.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186605-i90-k37381…

auckland
Level Contributor
424 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dublin hostels

Thank you all so much..I never cease to be amazed at the generosity of strangers on TA.Must say that I'd rather she wasn't travelling on her own, but I'm trying hard to be a brave positive mum about it all.

10. Re: Dublin hostels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 05:17