We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

Hey guys,

I want to go to Dublin in Novemeber for a weekend fri night to sun night with Ryanair.

There is a flight out of East Midlands at 17.30. However I dont finish work until 3.20pm. I live 28mins away by car from the airport (i'd get a cab) and would only have hand luggage so will have nothing to check in.

Would I make this flight ok do you think or not?

Thanks!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

You really need to post this on the UK Forums. People in Ireland in general are unlikely to be too familiar with the workings of East Midlands airport or the geography of the area. What they are likely to know though is that Ryanair are sticklers for punctuality so if you do manage to be late in terms of any of their requirements, it's likely to be very expensive.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g186216-i15-United…

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

I use East Midlands quite often. I have never known it to be overly busy. Provided you have done the on-line check in and only have hand luggage you should be fine. If you are flying Ryanair, make sure you only have one bag and it is the correct size. They will measure the bag as you board the plane.

28 minutes journey time is very precise. Sounds like you have already timed it!

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

Check in online, print off your boarding pass and be at the boarding gate 40 mins before departure. You now have to work out how long it takes to get through security

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

You have plenty of time. If there happens to be an extraordinarily long queue at security at EMA you can buy a fast track ticket from a vending machine for £3.

5. Re: Help needed - will I make this flight or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2011, 06:17