We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Top Secret Hotel... can you guess which this is?

Salisbury
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Top Secret Hotel... can you guess which this is?

Can anyone tell me which hotel this is?

For true luxury, elegance and glamour, this is the choice for you. With facilities and services one would expect of a hotel of this standard, combined with a perfect location, this property is without doubt worthy of it's 5* rating. Situated close to Trinity College, this historic building is just steps away from the Cultural Quarter, Temple Bar, and the famous shops of Grafton Street.

I'm looking for a 5* romantic weekend away with my lovely man!

Thanks loads in advance!

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Top Secret Hotel... can you guess which this is?

Sounds like the Westin to me

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Top Secret Hotel... can you guess which this is?

We would agree with Soonas - this has to be the Westin. Housed in a former 19th century bank, just across the road from Trinity College and Temple Bar, it would be a good choice for a romantic weekend!

Salisbury
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Top Secret Hotel... can you guess which this is?

Thanks a million for your help xxxxxxxx

Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Top Secret Hotel... can you guess which this is?

definately 100% the westin. Im not a dublin man, but I have stayed there and a friend of mine used work there. Are you looking for the answer to a competition or summit? :-)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Top Secret Hotel... can you guess which this is?

"Are you looking for the answer to a competition or summit? :-)"

Top Secret Hotels are a feature of the booking site lastminute.com It's a way for mostly upmarket hotels to release cut price rooms anonymously without lowering their rack rates or acquire or losing their 'exclusive' reputations. It's also a way for people to get to stay at high quality hotels at more affordable prices than the norm. When booking Top Secret Hotels, a general description of the hotel is given but not its name ( you are not given the name of the hotel until you actually book it) and so posters often come on here to post the description in the hope that others here will recognise it.

We've had a number of Top Secret Hotels (we usually manage to guess the hotel correctly) and they've been great value.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Top Secret Hotel... can you guess which this is?

Well done!

Can we ask how much are you getting the room for?

Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Top Secret Hotel... can you guess which this is?

I think it could be the Shelbourne Hotel......

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with Top Secret Hotel... can you guess which this is?

Hi, Yes definitely the Westin. I've booked it through that very Ad description, and it was the Westin. B

9. Re: Help with Top Secret Hotel... can you guess which this is?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 05:18