We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O'Connell Street closure/bus diversions Sat. 4th September

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Topic
O'Connell Street closure/bus diversions Sat. 4th September

Dublin Bus has announced bus diversions on northbound routes should the Garda decide to close the northbound carriageway of O'Connell Street due to the book signing in Easons by Tony Blair.

Southbound routes, including those from Dublin Airport into the city centre, will not be affected. Northbound routes to the airport will be affected (16a, Airlink 747).

You can find information about the diversions for various routes here should O'Connell Street be closed.

dublinbus.ie/en/…

Edited: 03 September 2010, 08:05
Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,523 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: O'Connell Street closure/bus diversions Sat. 4th September

It never occured that TB and New Labour were that popular in Ireland, I wonder how many Irish politicians will be rushing out to buy his book, or is this street closure business just another ploy to attract attention.

I don't remember street closures for Bertie or any Irish book signing.

Edited: 03 September 2010, 10:36
West Chicago...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O'Connell Street closure/bus diversions Sat. 4th September

@Cavan007, I suspect it must be because there are some protests against TB planned.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O'Connell Street closure/bus diversions Sat. 4th September

Saw the posters on my way to work yesterday.

The protests are being organized by the Irish Anti -War Movement.

contact.ie/date/2010/8/00117/protest-against…

Anyhow it shouldn't hinder too many tourists as protests are a regular feature of Saturday afternoons in Dublin!

As somebody said previously, there is more likely to be traffic snarl-ups in town on Sunday, with the All Ireland Hurling Final taking place :-)

Edited: 03 September 2010, 15:48
4. Re: O'Connell Street closure/bus diversions Sat. 4th September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2011, 05:19