We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for 40th Birthday with family of five

10 posts
Save Topic
Best hotel for 40th Birthday with family of five

We are planning to go to Dublin and go to see Disney on Ice on 2nd January (as we went to Disney, Florida) this summer. It is my wife's 40th birthday and I am looking for the ideal place to stay and things to do. We will arrive on 1st Jan for 3 nights and have our 3 children (11,9,5).

Hotel must have modern/refurbished rooms as I don't like tired 3 star looking ones. Still want the best deal and value as we all do but this is also a special occasion.

Look forward to your comments.

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel for 40th Birthday with family of five

Hi Gwyncol,

if you do a quick search on hotels.com for your party group, and then return here with the hotel names, we can offer our thoughts. It's difficult when we don't know how many rooms etc you'd like, or if you'll use camp beds etc

Also, just my thoughts on Disney on ice, it's no comparison to any "real" Disney experience you'll find in Disney parks. It's an expensive evening out; after which last time we reckoned we'd have a nights B&B in Disney Paris with park tickets for less, and we did this instead for the next time. B

10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel for 40th Birthday with family of five

Thanks for the advice. I like the look of the Radisson Blu but wanted something similar that may be a little cheaper.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel for 40th Birthday with family of five

and it was good advice.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel for 40th Birthday with family of five

See if anything in here fits the bill:

http://www.roomfor5.co.uk/list/72

5. Re: Best hotel for 40th Birthday with family of five

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2011, 05:17