We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What area in Dublin should we stay in?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
49 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
What area in Dublin should we stay in?

Hey!

Three of us, all early to mid-twenties ladies, are going to Dublin for a week in Feb. We'd like to know what district is best for us to stay in, if we want to be within walking distance of popular pubs and nightclubs.

Thanks! :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What area in Dublin should we stay in?

Have a look at this current thread from the Dublin Forum where a similar question has been asked and answered.

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186605-i90-k407222…

Also check out the Top Questions about Dublin section on the right hand side of the Dublin Forum where you'll find tons of information on all aspects of visiting Dublin, including suggestions for accommodation.

Then just post again if you need any more help with a particular hotel or location.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
491 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What area in Dublin should we stay in?

If I was you I would suggest you stay in Ballsbridge area, there are many bars and restaurants in this area and its a lovely place to sit and have a cup of coffee. I would not recommend Temple Bar area at all as its noisy and crime is a problem...we had some friends stay in the centre of Dublin 2 months ago and they said they wouldnt do it again, they would rather stay outside a little. You can get from Ballsbridge to the centre by train in 10 mins or in a taxi or you could also walk it.

Dublin city centre has lots of problems with beggars and drug addicts so stay clear..go and enjoy it during the day ok, but be extra careful at night time

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
288 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What area in Dublin should we stay in?

If you are looking to stay near Temple Bar, which is where most of the clubs are, I would suggest the St Stephen's Green and Trinity College neighborhoods. Expect to pay for the location though...

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What area in Dublin should we stay in?

In relation to Skarks post. Dublin does have some crime/homeless/drug additiction problems, as does every major city.

However none of these should disuade you from staying in the centre of town. As a local I am in the city centre at night time every weekend, and have never encountered a problem. Counless numbers of locals and tourists also do. If you keep the normal 'wits about you' as you would in any major city, you should be fine.

That said, Ballsbridge is a fab area, just a little away from the centre of the action if thats what you prefered.

Dublin
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What area in Dublin should we stay in?

Being that you are looking to be near the pubs and clubs and are in your 20's I would recommend the St Stephens Green Area, its beside the main shopping area of Grafton street, lots of restuarants, bars etc all in vicinity. I would avoid staying in Temple Bar as another suggested, also avoid O'connell st for hotels. Ballsbridge is nice if you are happy to stay a little outside the centre but you wouldn't want to walk it, you would need to get public transport, if you would like this area Bewleys Ballsbridge is a good option.

6. Re: What area in Dublin should we stay in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2011, 07:50