We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mespil or Camden Court Hotel??

Sewickley...
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Mespil or Camden Court Hotel??

We will be travelling thru an agency and these are the accomodation choices. Four adults just looking for a laid back time in Dublin for a few days.... checking out pubs, shopping, eating, touring the city. Both places seem fine. Just wondering if anyone has personal experience with either they are willing to share..... Thanks!

Temple Bar Food Market
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Ilac Centre
Shopping Malls
DesignYard
Gift & Speciality Shops
Seasons of Ireland
Factory Outlets, Gift & Speciality Shops
Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mespil or Camden Court Hotel??

It's dificult to make a significant distinction between both, as they are both equally convenient to the types of locations you suggest you would like to visit for shopping etc. Both are walkable or a short taxi ride from the city centre. Mespil is arguably in a slightly more upmarket location overlooking the canal but that's only a minor distinction. Reviews and ratings of both on TA are very similar - maybe you need to toss a coin to decide!

Dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mespil or Camden Court Hotel??

I would recommend Mespil, based on nothing else than personal opinion :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mespil or Camden Court Hotel??

I've stayed in both and I slightly prefer the Mespil.

Dublin
Level Contributor
36 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mespil or Camden Court Hotel??

Sods Law

Personally i would prefare the Camden, better location and rooms are slightly bigger. From a shops and pub point of view you are pretty much in the heart of where it happens with the Campden. Really depends what exactly you prefare.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
91 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mespil or Camden Court Hotel??

I would probably recommend the Camden Court as it has bus stop for going to City Centre nearly just outside the hotel, shopping street Grafton Street is not that far, and Luas to Dundrum Shopping centre is just at the top of the street. They do have Leisure Centre with Swimming pool, sauna and Jacuzzi, as well they went through some refurbishment but as far as i know not all of the rooms, so you might as for them when making booking.

Sewickley...
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mespil or Camden Court Hotel??

Thanks so much! Staying at the Camden Court in a few weeks.....!!! So excited!

7. Re: Mespil or Camden Court Hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 15:17