We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best western Ashling or Best Western Premire Acadamy

danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best western Ashling or Best Western Premire Acadamy

Was just wondering if you had a choice which would you pick???

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best western Ashling or Best Western Premire Acadamy

I haven't stayed in either, but if I were to choose based on location, Academy would win hands down. B

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best western Ashling or Best Western Premire Acadamy

We researched both hotels and chose the Premier Academy because of its location. It seems to be a lot closer to town.

danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best western Ashling or Best Western Premire Acadamy

Thanks both of you....yes we are now booked into the Premiere...cancelled the Ashling that will no longer be a part of the Best Western Group as of Jan.1,2011 they informed me of this last week.....and were so very nice to offer us the Premiere for the same price and transferred our reservation for us...it does seem like it will be it a very good location......

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best western Ashling or Best Western Premire Acadamy

we stayed there Sept 09 and liked the location. Easy flat 10-15 min walk into centre of Dublin. Hop On Hop Off buses located across the road (they start & finish there). The lounge/bar area was good for a quiet drink, internet freely available in lobby.

I felt safe walking back on my own (58yr old female) as the main road back to hotel always had lots of ppl walking around. There is a bar next door which we never visited & we heard very little noise from there. But it maybe an idea to ask for a quiet room (which I always ask for) just in case.

5. Re: Best western Ashling or Best Western Premire Acadamy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2011, 05:17