We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O2 arena?

UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
O2 arena?

I am visiting Dublin later this year. I am staying in temple bar and will need to get to O2 arena for a show. Is it walking distance? Do ihave to take a bus? if so, which number bus route? Or is it a taxi journey? Many thanks in advance.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: O2 arena?

the easiest way is to walk across the river to the Jervis or Abbey Street Luas stops and taking the tram there. The stop for the O2 is called "The Point" and it is the last stop on the line so take a tram headed for there

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O2 arena?

You could also walk it if you felt like it. Should take about 20 mins from Temple Bar.

UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O2 arena?

Thanks for your help

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: O2 arena?

I would saw more 30 minutes from Temple Bar on foot but depends how long yer legs are!

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: O2 arena?

The only time I was in the O2, I got the Luas there. However, I walked back as the buzz in the crowd is great - hundreds of fans walking along the quays, good craic and banter.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: O2 arena?

The walk back certainly always seems shorter alright, with the buzz of the concert still in your ears and the banter of the crowds heading home or towards the nearest pub:-)

I agree with the suggestion of walking across to Jervis and getting the LUAS out to the O2 from there. Then walk back into town after the concert.

Enjoy

Edited: 22 January 2011, 21:29
7. Re: O2 arena?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2012, 11:16