We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has anyone stayed here?

New York, NY
13 posts
Save Topic
has anyone stayed here?

Tulip Inn Dublin Airport -- i see no reviews on this site for this hotel. is anyone familiar with this hotel? is it any good?

thanks, jeff.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: has anyone stayed here?

I think there are no reviews because it is a new hotel. They've been advertising a lot on the radio.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,909 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: has anyone stayed here?

I have met the General manager of the hotel.

She is formerly of the Jurys Doyle Westbury hotel. I cannot remember what position she had but, if I can say, she runs a tight ship and had a lot of good things to say about the hotel chain.

It is a new hotel and also airport hotels dont have as much wear and tear as usual hotels, generally because people only ever have one nighters staying in them.

Also they have very little in the way of luxuries. Especially anything with the name Inn in it.

Practical and affordable.

ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: has anyone stayed here?

anyone stayed in it since - we are booked in for this sat

dublin
Level Contributor
183 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: has anyone stayed here?

I havent stayed here but can tell you its not conveniently located to anything. I think you could expect to pay about 35 euros for a taxi to the city though you could probably walk out to the main road to the public bus.The hotel is lcoated in a soul less new shopping centre that sell mostly furniture computers and home improvement goods. Sorry its probably a bit late to hear this .If you are just overnighting for the airport it will do the job. Let us know how you get on.

Dublin, Ireland.
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: has anyone stayed here?

It's only a 20 minute walk to the middle of Swords town, loads of good restaurants and pubs here, plus the Pavilions shopping centre is close by. Another short taxi ride away is Malahide, again, loads of pubs and great restaurants.

manchester england
Level Contributor
693 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: has anyone stayed here?

it is good and lovely

but

if you want to go for a short weekend break do not choose as it is outside

so depends why you are in dublin

you need central for a weekend break ie clarion

Orlando
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: has anyone stayed here?

We need to know which AIRport Dublin hotels to trust and which to stay away from...so far the Clarion has gotten horrible reviews here and I am worried...

What is safe and nice and close to the airport for early flights?

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: has anyone stayed here?

I stayed at tulip Inn dublin airport last weekend. I have posted a review but it has not yet uploaded. However, what I can say in summary is that I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want a nice hotel near the airport. The hotel is about a mile from the airport but has a free courtesy bus that only takes a few minutes to get to the hotel. The hotel had excellent service and was spotlessly clean. Food is average but if you just want a one night stay before catching an ealry flight this is definitely a great choice. As the hotel only openend in Oct 2005 everything is all still gleaming and nice and new.

9. Re: has anyone stayed here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 21:16