We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Dublin Kilmainham Questions......

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Dublin Kilmainham Questions......

Staying here for a couple of nights later this month.

Have a few Questions..

How far from airport? What public transport can we use to get to hotel?

Is the hotel easy to get into the centre of Dublin?

What things are provived in the bath room, such as liquid soap, showel gel etc?

Many thanks

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Dublin Kilmainham Questions......

Hi

I have stayed there a few times, but always arrived by car. I like the hotel. In answer to your questions:

It is not close to the airport. The best way to get there from the hotel would be to use the airlink bus as far as Heuston Station and then take a taxi for the very short distance from the station to the hotel. If there are more than two of you then it might be more economical to use a taxi all the way.

To travel to the city centre from the hotel there direct buses or you can walk to the Luas stop at Heuston station or James's ( bit of a walk, the bus would be easier).

There are very good toiletries provided at the hotel and replaced every day. Soap, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner. Also tea and coffee in the rooms.

There is also a really lovely hydrotherapy pool. One of the reasons I like to stay there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Dublin Kilmainham Questions......

Thanks for your swift reply, so to take the airlink bus as far as Heuston Station, how long does this take? And is the bus easy to find once we leave the airport? So how long will then the taxi journey take?

Sorry about all the Q;s......

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,247 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Dublin Kilmainham Questions......

You catch the Airlink 748 (Dublin Bus)from outside the arrivals door at the airport. This will drop you to Heuston Station like IrishRover said!

Journey takes about 30 mins.

The Hilton Hotel is only 5 mins by taxi from Heuston station.

dublinbus.ie/en/…

N.B: If getting a taxi from Heuston Station I always advise to hail the taxi on the opposite side to the taxi rank( between the yellow building,DrSteeven's Hospital and the bus stop). Due to a one way system, the taxi's from the rank have to go around a longer way but hailing them from where I say always results in a cheaper fare as the taxi's dropping off, will be going in the direction of the hotel ;-)

You can always get the 79a from outside Heuston Station. This will also drop you right outside the hotel and is about 2 stops from Heuston!

It may suit you to buy a family rambler ticket as these can be used on the airlinks and local buses and usually are a good saver if there are 2 of you!

dublinbus.ie/en/…

4. Re: Hilton Dublin Kilmainham Questions......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 09:16