We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lunch between Newgrange and the Viking tour

danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
lunch between Newgrange and the Viking tour

My friend just e-mailed me she will be doing both tomorrow, she was wandering if there is anywhere between these two places for lunch....nothing to fancy just good...she is on her own with 3 children..thanks....

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lunch between Newgrange and the Viking tour

Where is the Viking Tour? Is she driving?

danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lunch between Newgrange and the Viking tour

Yes she is driving and I am sorry I don't know where the viking tour is...is there anything near Newgrange?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lunch between Newgrange and the Viking tour

There's a Viking Splash Tour in Dublin, Coukd that be it?

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lunch between Newgrange and the Viking tour

Since we don't know where exactly she's going, or at what time, I presume it's the Viking Splash in Dublin city centre.

If so, she'll probably be going onto the M1 motorway to Dublin. Perhaps City North hotel at Gormanston will suit. There's plenty of parking; easy visiting with children.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lunch between Newgrange and the Viking tour

Hi, There's a very nice tea/lunchroom in the Newgrange visitor center, on the lower level.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: lunch between Newgrange and the Viking tour

Hi Momtopets

I am assuming too that your friend is taking the kiddies from Newgrange to The Viking Splash Tour in Dublin, although she could be taking them to the seaside village of Annagassan in Co Louth where a viking fortress was found a few years ago, albeit it is unlikely as there is no "formal" tourist attraction there - only an annual Viking Festival it probably is the splash tour.

I too would suggest that they lunch at Bru Na Boinne and then travel to Dublin via the N2/M2 motorway rather than cut back across to the M1 for City North Hotel. I like City North for a quick bite, but on this occasion I think the other option would be easier (and quicker) It is an easier drive from Bru Na Boinne to Dublin via the N2 and quicker once you hit the city traffic. Somehow the volume of traffic lighter, making the journey easier through Finglas,Glasnevin & Phibsborough and down to the Quays than off the M1. It would be my preferred journey route, and I do it quite often.

If they wanted a fast food hit, there would be a McDonalds in Ashbourne Town and I think a Burger King at Clearwater in Finglas (on her right hand side) on the way into the city. Neither would be my choice, but I know that kiddies love them!

Hope she catches the suggestions and has a good day! It is a glorious morning here in the environs of Newgrange. Sun Shining, birds singing and everything coming into bloom. I'm sure they will have a great day!

Edited: 23 March 2011, 07:37
danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lunch between Newgrange and the Viking tour

Thank you everyone..I have passed on the wonderful information.....

8. Re: lunch between Newgrange and the Viking tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 12:19