We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current food and beer prices

Newcastle upon...
4 posts
Save Topic
Current food and beer prices

I'm due to visit Dublin in a few weeks and am interested to know what prices to expect for pints of beer / glass of wine / general pub lunches?? I expect to be in the Temple Bar area.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
The Temple Bar
The Temple Bar
2,222 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Tang Cafe
£, Cafe, European, Healthy
Urbanity
££ - £££, Irish, Cafe, European
Bloom Brasserie
££ - £££, Irish, European, Wine Bar
Newcastle upon...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Current food and beer prices

It would also be good to know what a taxi will cost from the airport to O Connell street..... thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
O'Connell Street
O'Connell Street
1,544 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
20,062 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current food and beer prices

I know little about Dublin but I do know that Temple Bar is the most expensive place to eat and drink. And I personally would just jump the Bus from the Airport unless you have a lot of baggage.

Bar prices;

http://publin.info/publin/2011/price-guide

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,953 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current food and beer prices

Taxi will cost abou €20, but the airport bus will also drop you in O'Connell Street. It is almsot as quick as ataxi and a lot cheaper. I would concure with Tony on Temple bar being overpriced

Mentioned in this post
O'Connell Street
O'Connell Street
1,544 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Newcastle upon...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Current food and beer prices

Thanks to both of you.... I don't suppose you could recommend any good pubs for lunches around O Connell street as I'm staying opposite the gate theatre. Approximate costs would be helpful as I'm trying to set my 'budget' and have been worried about some horror stories!! The beer prices don't look too scary though??

Mentioned in this post
O'Connell Street
O'Connell Street
1,544 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Current food and beer prices

You can have a look at food prices, menus etc here:

http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin.aspx

Here's a Lunch Menu at Foley's Bar + Restaurant on Baggott St:

www.foleysbar.com/menus/bar/MenuLunch.pdf

and, from another city centre pub and restaurant: O'Neill's on Suffolk St:

http://www.oneillsbar.com/food_menu.htm

Mentioned in this post
Suffolk
Suffolk
East Anglia, UK
Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Current food and beer prices

An idea of prices of beer here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186605-i90-k43411…

Check out Porterhouse for a combination of Beer and Food and the opportunity to compare prices between Temple Bar and close to Trinity College on Nassau St:

http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/food.html

Mentioned in this post
Trinity College Dublin
Trinity College Dublin
10,549 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Newcastle upon...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Current food and beer prices

Thanks again.... I think people get a bit carried away witht heir horror stories!! Seem like pretty average capital city prices to me.

Looking forward to the trip :)

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,953 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current food and beer prices

If your breakfast is include in your hotel rate - fill up in the morning and this will keep yopu going well into evening (Is it Cassidy's Hotel by any chance?)

If breakfast is not included, or if you want a filling and cheap lunch, turn right at the Parnell Monumemnt (the big obelisk) and walk down to the Kingfisher -used by lots of locals for breakfast

www.kingfisherdublin.com/restaurant.html

If you turn left at the monument into Parnell St, there are lots of ethinic restaurants (mainly Chinese and some Korean). These are frequented mainly by the local immigrant community and are quite cheap (I haven't eaten here so I can't comment on quality)

Mentioned in this post
Kingfisher
Kingfisher
696 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Level Contributor
59 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current food and beer prices

Food prices have come down quite a bit and you will have good early bird menus before 7pm in most restaurants and most restaurants will have a reasonable lunch menu also.

The cheapest for a bottle of wine in a restaurant would be about €20 and a bottle of beer around €4.50. Most pubs will charge around €5 for a pint unless your drinking guinness/beamish which is usually a little cheaper than larger.

10. Re: Current food and beer prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 December 2011, 19:35