We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct flight from Florida?

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Direct flight from Florida?

We are planning a vacation to Ireland and was wondering if there are direct flights from MCO airport in Orlando, Florida to Dublin. I thought I heard that Aer Lingus flies directly. I know we can stopover in NY at JFK, but would much rather do a direct flight if that was an option. Thank-you so much for the information.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,073 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct flight from Florida?

"I thought I heard that Aer Lingus flies directly."

They do. Details are on their website.

http://www.aerlingus.com/home/index.jsp

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct flight from Florida?

We take this flight....opposite direction!...every December . Flight leaves Orlando at c.7 pm and lands in Dublin at c .8.30.

Good planes...all with seat back entertainment....and very enjoyable easy trip. Food not bad for airline food and the Aer Lingus staff are friendly and welcoming.

As soon as you board you'll get a taste of ireland (sorry . sounds a bit twee!)

Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct flight from Florida?

We take the Orlando flight twice a year from Dublin to Orlando It runs Tues to Saturday. You can upgrade to full business class for c€350 e/w pp. Its direct - no stopovers!!. The planes are all new & even economy class has individual tv's for each seat & dozens of tv shows & movies to choose from. Forget connecting with Delta / Continental etc, the direct flight is the only way!

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct flight from Florida?

Thank-you for your responses. I am a bit confused though because when I went on to the website listed above, it said that I had to stop over at either Boston, Chicago or JFK (New York) via jetblue connection. I didn't see any direct flights. I am so glad that there are though. I will continue to do the research to try to find the information. Thanks again. This is good news!

Dublin
Level Contributor
201 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct flight from Florida?

Aer Lingus stop and restart this direct service throughout the year so it's possible the flights aren't available on the dates you're looking for.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct flight from Florida?

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday the flights are direct. Other days they make a connection in JFK or other US hub. When looking for flights on Aer Lingus .com, press for 'flights are flexible' and you will see the full timetable.

Maybe you can travel on the 'direct' dates. Tues/Thurs/Sat??

Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct flight from Florida?

It looks that the direct flights are only on a Thursday & Saturday (I have only flown on these days, so assumed all the other days were the same). I have just check the the site & they are deffo running on Sat & Thurs. Sorry for the mistake!

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct flight from Florida?

Thank-you for checking that for me. Yes, I found the flights are direct on Thursdays and Saturdays. I never would have known without you helping me! That is great! Thanks so much to you all again!

9. Re: Direct flight from Florida?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 14:17