We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not use County Cars rentals

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Topic
Do not use County Cars rentals

Do nto use County cars they just rip you off. We hired a car and returned it back to Dublin Airport. There is NO ONE to check the car for damage or take the key. Had to go to Terminal 2 to hand in the key. When we got home we got a bill from them for claiming repair cost for damages. We left the car undamaged but they sent dodgy photos and will not return emails or letters. Never again will we use them

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Do not use County Cars rentals

Further to my comment. I have contacted Argus Car Hire who I booked through and Sixt Car Rent who own the car used, do they really want to be associated with County Cars????

Intend to contact Dublin Airport who are allowing County Cars to grab customers on their territory, a nice earner for this outfit. The Irish Tourist Board should also take note as visitors from all over the world are being subjected to this con. Please get your friends or relatives to look at this especially if they are Irish or intend to visit.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,729 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Do not use County Cars rentals

119...You booked the car from Sixt using the Argus Car Hire Agent.....

Sixt can not be held responsible because Argus did not tell you what you were actually buying and what you were not.

Your complaint is with Argus for not explaining what you would be expected to pay at the collection desk....

Yet another complaint on car hire because someone booked through an agency rather than directly with the rental company.

Sixt may not be the best rental operator in Ireland and combining them with Argus who may not be the best 3rd party agent and trouble is definitely close to the equation.

See this site an the complaints section.

citizensinformation.ie/en/…renting_a_car.html

Edited: 19 August 2012, 11:22
London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Do not use County Cars rentals

Understood, however, County Cars sent me a Bill for Euro 900 for alleged tear to the rear seat 3 weeks after the hiring ended, with photo as evidence. This was on Sixt headed paper so I do have an issue with Sixt. I will only hire direct in the future, it will not be with Sixt. Do they really want an association with this dodgy company.

Used Argus before to other parts of Europe and no problems so why with County Cars. Not good for the Irish Tourist industry and I visit a lot. Informed Dublin Airport and Discover Ireland, I hope they take note for the sake of future visitors.

Had a good visit to Clifden earlier this year, hope to be back soon.

Michael.

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Do not use County Cars rentals

Done, hope they do something about this.

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Do not use County Cars rentals

MORE INFORMATION

County Car Rentals are linked to Kill-O'-Grange Motors, both are shown on the Society Irish Motor Industry (SIMI) website who promote them. If you try to book a car via County Car website the enquiry goes straight into Sixt website for the booking. All the above companies appear in the paperwork when the 'damage' paperwork arrives through the post (after your credit card has paid the bill). If you contact these companies as I have you will get a limited reply or no reply, they are not interested. Still making enquiries and I will update if I get any results.

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Do not use County Cars rentals

Finally had a reply to my complaint. After they had been prodded by the Car Rental Council of Ireland. It was from Sixt who completely backed County Car Rentals actions. It also had South County Self Drive LTD under the name of the person responsible, yet another name to avoid.

So Sixt are in it up to their eyes as well.

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Do not use County Cars rentals

Gary Coughlan from Sixt UK is on the case.

Take a look at Sixt Car Rental forum.

18. Re: Do not use County Cars rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 06:18