We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin airport pick up area

ireland
Level Contributor
354 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin airport pick up area

Hi all, am collecting friends from the airport on Fri morning about 10.30. I do not want to park and am wondering if anyone can direct me to the best ' just slow down and let them jump in area' ?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin airport pick up area

There's a drop off / pick up area at departures for both terminals.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin airport pick up area

Dublin Airport does not like you to pick up without parking. However, it's possible to do so unofficially in the drop off areas at either terminal but if you stop and wait in these areas, you may be moved on by airport police. I have done this on occasions at Terminal 1 but have noticed increased vigilance recently with little tolerance for people trying to pick up passengers.

I'd make sure that you know exactly where your arriving passenger is and also ensure that they are waiting for you when you arrive, so you can pick them up and make a quick "escape" without attracting the attention of the police.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin airport pick up area

It's also pretty easy to loop around and come back to departures if you don't see your crowd. Make sure and agree a location, for example to the left or right of the terminal so you can spot them easily.

ireland
Level Contributor
354 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin airport pick up area

Thanks very much for that info guys

tampa
Level Contributor
119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin airport pick up area

I was at terminal two saturday morning having a cigarette. I watched as the police ran off cars waiting to pick up people. It appears that if the arriving passengers were on the platform they were allowed to pick up arrivals with no problem. hope this helps.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,856 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin airport pick up area

Don't forget to find out which terminal your friends are coming into - terminal 1 or 2.

Ensure that when they have collected their bags, that they go to wait for you outside 'departures' and not out side 'arrivals' of whichever terminal they are in.

A previous post has suggested that you can loop around - it would only take about 5 mins. However, if they can, get your friends to phone you when they have collected their bags, and then you can move to collect them.

I don't know how familiar you are with Dublin Airport, but I often wait for 'that phonecall' at The Coachmans Inn, which is just outside the airport on the road(not the motorway), from the airport to Swords, or you could wait in Kealy's pub carpark, which is also outside the airport on the the road to Santry

7. Re: Dublin airport pick up area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 00:18