We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Bus HOHO |(green)-pre buying tickets

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
190 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin Bus HOHO |(green)-pre buying tickets

We are going to use the bus and know what dates. When I went on line to order, it says we need to pick up our actually tickets at an office. This seems inconveinent when we can just purchase them from the driver. Is this correct? I know we would save $ but don't want to be going out of our way to get the tickets.

Thanks for any input

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin Bus HOHO |(green)-pre buying tickets

Was in Dublin a couple of weeks ago, and booked the green ho ho bus online before I left home. I printed off the booking confirmation, and gave it to the driver on the first bus we caught, and she exchanged it for a ticket - simple.

Mind you, this was at the starting point for the Ho Ho bus tour, in a street off O`Connell - maybe Cathal Brugha Street (?) but I`m not sure it would be different at any other stops. Not sure how you can find out though, if the website is unclear. The office is on O`Connell Street , so I agree not that convenient if you are staying on the Southside.

I found the Ho Ho great value, not so much for the tour as just for getting around. Enjoy your trip.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin Bus HOHO |(green)-pre buying tickets

Hello again - I have just had a look at the website for the green bus - it says that all you need to do is print off your reservation details and present them to the driver at any stop - I couldnt see any mention of collecting tickets from the office?

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
190 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin Bus HOHO |(green)-pre buying tickets

Thanks MsRiley-I'll take a closer look, I'm rushing to much, we leave tomorrow.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin Bus HOHO |(green)-pre buying tickets

Even if you have to collect your tickets from the office, I wouldn't think that would be a problem. It's easy to reach, on O'Connell Street and it's never very busy.

5. Re: Dublin Bus HOHO |(green)-pre buying tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 19:17