We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - need recommendations for City Centre Restaurants!!!

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
747 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Help - need recommendations for City Centre Restaurants!!!

Hi there,

Myself and a group of friends (7 in total) are travelling to Dublin for the day to celebrate retirement of one of said friends. Need some good recommendations for a nice restaurant - we would like:

- city centre based (as travelling by train)

- classy with good atmosphere, but not stuffy

- good food, but not necessarily 'fine dining'

- wine selection, but not too steep prices!

- somewhere that we can relax for a nice couple of hours without being harrassed to move on!

- don't mind if it is a set menu/christmas lunch (but not essential)

All suggestions considered, and very grateful for any suggestions.

Rosiebabe

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - need recommendations for City Centre Restaurants!!!

I'd suggest you check out some of the more established places such as the Trocadero, Dobbins or the Unicorn - all long established with a good atmospheres for a group night out.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,260 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - need recommendations for City Centre Restaurants!!!

Hi Rosiebabe

Are you planning on eating during the day and then getting the train back in the evening or are you going out for a night - I'm just wondering re your comment about not being moved on. If you have a lunch or afternoon booking most restaurants would eventually need your table back for an evening booking.

My favourite restaurant is Il Vicoletto in Temple Bar - but as it is quite small you would need to book in advance. Another favourite of mine would be Eden Restaurant in Meeting House Square. I am also a fan on Dunne & Crescenzi on South Frederick Street. All of the above would be within walking distance of Connolly Station and all have good food and atmosphere at reasonable prices.

Hope this helps.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - need recommendations for City Centre Restaurants!!!

I would suggest Pichet - http://www.pichet-restaurant.com/.

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
747 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - need recommendations for City Centre Restaurants!!!

Sorry - should have made it clearer than I did. We plan to travel down on the morning train, have a bit of a look around and a few drinks and hopefully have lunch around 2.00 pm is. We are on the last train leaving Dublin around 21.00 hrs, but obviously we will be moving on mid afternoon for further look around and a few cocktails before eventually staggering back to the train!

So yes - it is really somewhere nice for lunch that won't be throwing us out after 1 hour!

Rosie

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - need recommendations for City Centre Restaurants!!!

I'd recommend Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer St. or Pichet.

6. Re: Help - need recommendations for City Centre Restaurants!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 06:16