We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boxing Day

Switzerland
Level Contributor
94 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Boxing Day

As most attractions and shops are closed on Boxing Day, any ideas as to what we could do? We're a family of 4 in our 20s and 40s! Thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boxing Day

Boxing Day is known as "St Stephen's Day" in Ireland.

Shops will be open on St Stephen's Day.

I would recommend going to the Mummers Festival "Wrenboys" which starts in Sandymount Green at 12 midday. A taxi will get you out from town in 10/15 minutes.

www.dun-laoghaire.com/dir/wranboys.html

www.youtube.com/watch…

After join the locals in walking along Sandymount Strand towards the Great South Bull Wall.

…wordpress.com/walks-by-car/…

Museums are usually closed on Mondays so this will apply to St Stephen's Day as it falls on a Monday.

You might be interested in visiting the ice skating rink and funfair in the grounds of the Royal Hospital,Kilmainham.

http://7upwinterwonderland.ie/

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boxing Day

Well, if I were lucky enough to be in Dublin on St Stephen's I would be heading down to Leopardstown for some of the best jump racing in the country. Only 6 miles south of Dublin. St Stephen's is a sporting day, get out and about and enjoy it!!

Switzerland
Level Contributor
94 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boxing Day

Many thanks for the great ideas.

4. Re: Boxing Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2013, 10:19