We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RTE Studios

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
224 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
RTE Studios

Hi everyone I am going to RTE studios Saturday Night I plan to drive into city centre and park and get taxi out...Anyone any other suggestions eg bus or luas...I am coming into Dublin from the newlands cross side..Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RTE Studios

Would it not be easier to just drive all the way to RTE? I believe that RTE have audience parking.

There is a park and ride facility at the red cow Luas stop which is adjacent to Newlands Cross. You could get the Luas into Heuston and then the 145 out to Donnybrook. dublinbus.ie/en/…

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,775 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RTE Studios

I would recommend that you drive. There is affair amount of parking available on the RTE campus, including a two storey car park adjacent to the Fair City exterior set.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RTE Studios

I would drive all the way if I were you but if your not that pushed as far as I can remember the 46a goes right past the door just ask the driver to let you know which stop to get off at. Enjoy RTE

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RTE Studios

RTE would not be that far a drive from Newlands Cross, especially at that time.You could continue on the M50 to Dundrum and get a taxi from thereabouts but I'd suggest that it would be far more efficient timewise to drive.

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
224 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RTE Studios

Thanks for the replies guys...I dont know if I would be comfortable driving wouldnt be farmilar with the route at all

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,775 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RTE Studios

The route is very straight forward. I presume you will travel up from Tipp on the N7, then take the M50 South at Junction 9. Exit at Junction 14 following the signs for Dun Laoghaire and the ferry (N31).

Join the N11 heading towards Dublin City. RTE is on this road. When you see the huge transmission mas on your right, prepare to turn right into Nutley Lane, and the entrance is just on your left

It is very easy to find

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RTE Studios

i am going to RTE studio but i want to get a hotel very close to it can anyone help or know does any hotels do shuttle bus service ???? thanks

8. Re: RTE Studios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 November 2012, 22:35
Ireland
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: RTE Studios

The Tara Towers hotel is reasonably close to RTE, as is the Stillorgan Park Hotel and Radisson St Helens.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: RTE Studios

which hotel is not going to break?