We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Places to stay for easy access to Dublin Airport?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ventura, CA, USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best Places to stay for easy access to Dublin Airport?

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best places to stay so that we can get to the Dublin Airport easily for a very early morning flight home?

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Places to stay for easy access to Dublin Airport?

There are hotels within the airport complex such as the Clarion and the Radisson Blu. There are other hotels within 3-4 miles of the airport which have shuttle links to the airport including Bewleys, the Airport Hilton, Carlton and Northwood Crowne Plaza. Also note that Dublin Airport is about 8 miles from central Dublin - an fairly easy trip by taxi early in the morning as it would only take about 30 minutes or so.

Assuming home is the US, you are advised to be at the airport about 3 hours before departure to allow for US Immigration and Customs pre-clearance.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Places to stay for easy access to Dublin Airport?

I suggest Bewleys Hotel www.bewleyshotel.com Dublin Airport.i have stayed there & it is a very good airport hotel.It is about 15 minutes by shuttle bus from the terminal building.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Places to stay for easy access to Dublin Airport?

We haven't made our trip yet but we're planning to stay at the Pebble Mill B&B in/near Malahide, to the north of Dublin. They say there are about 10 minutes by car from the airport, which for our 10am flight, will be perfect!

Ventura, CA, USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Places to stay for easy access to Dublin Airport?

Thank you so much for these suggestions. You have been very helpful. We had a bad experience in Barcelona once with our hotel failing to get us a taxi at 5 am so we are a bit wary now.

Ventura, CA, USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Places to stay for easy access to Dublin Airport?

This is a great suggestion. Now I know about the Malahide area. I will check into the Pebbles B and B.

Ventura, CA, USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Places to stay for easy access to Dublin Airport?

Thank you, Mary. I will definitely check the Bewley's web site.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Places to stay for easy access to Dublin Airport?

Pebble Mill B&B is quite convenient to the airport - it's a 5 mile drive. The most direct route from the B&B to the airport is on quieter back roads and not on major roads. It's in the greenbelt area north of Dublin, 3 miles south of the centre of Malahide - about 5-10 minutes away by car.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,214 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Places to stay for easy access to Dublin Airport?

Anywhere on or near the Aircoach routes.

www.aircoach.ie/

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Places to stay for easy access to Dublin Airport?

I'm just getting caught up on all the follow-ups I want to do on the TA threads here . . . missed this one!

Anyone looking for a wonderful B&B near the Dublin Airport, you will not be disappointed with Pebble Mill B&B. Pat & Monica were wonderful hosts for our final two nights in Ireland. We loved our stay with them . . . the full Irish breakfast was to die for!

Their location is perfect for the early AM airport return and easy to travel from to Dublin City to sightsee. We took the #42 into the city and the #43 back out that night . . . flawless!

As for the airport return, we left the B&B at 5:50am and got the car back to Thrifty promptly (yes about a 10" easy drive). The shuttle driver had us to the terminal by 6:30am. NOTE: The American Airlines counter (for the 10am flight) does not open until 7:00am.

Once you get checked in you will have to clear airport security and for US departures, then clear the US Customs before heading to the gate for departure. For our 10am flight, we were told to be through the US Customs clearance area by 8:15am.

Hopefully this will help others.

10. Re: Best Places to stay for easy access to Dublin Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2013, 10:18