We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Hotel

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin Hotel

Looking for a centrally located hotel or B&B in walking distance to some sites. Don't want to spend over $300 a night!! Not even sure what area of Dublin I should be staying in. Need help!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin Hotel

Dublin 1, 2 and 4 would be the most central areas so concentrate on these when searching.

Look here for ideas:

www.hotels.com

www.booking.com

Also have a look at the Top Questions on the right hand side of the screen, there's one focused on hotels and where to stay in the city centre.

Dublin is small and walkable so any hotel in the aforementioned areas will be within walking distance of almost everything you want to see.

If you are willing to spend $300/€215 per night then there should be a good range of hotels to choose from.

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin Hotel

Thank you...is the Shelbourne or Bushwells' a good area?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin Hotel

We booked the Best Western Plus Academy Plaza Hotel. They have a deal that gives you 3 nights for the cost of 2 right now (if you call them). And I got upgraded to a better room as well that would have cost much more. Ended up being $150 for the first night, and $100 each for the rest. Good deal!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin Hotel

Great deal on the Academy Plaza there!

Yes The Shelbourne and Buswell's are in a nice area, central and will be quiet at night. I would consider staying at The Shelbourne an experience as well as being a place to sleep.

I'm not sure of price but The Merrion would be an amazing hotel and still be close to the action!

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
233 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin Hotel

We stayed at Harington Hall on Harcourt St. http://www.harringtonhall.com/ it was very nice

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin Hotel

Buswells is very central and probably a bit less expensive than the Shelbourne which is one of Dublin's main upmarket hotels. You could also check out the Alexander, Davenport and Mont Clare - 3 hotels side by side, operated by the same company and very centrally located in a good location off Merrion Square.

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dublin Hotel

thanks!

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dublin Hotel

Here's a hotel worth considering which is within the budget that you have indicated. Very centrally located, location is safe, close to shopping, 10 minutes walk from Trinity College, Christchurch and St Patrick cathedrals, about 15 minutes from the National Gallery. It a few years since I have stayed in it, but I expect that it will have maintained its high standards http://www.brookshotel.ie/

9. Re: Dublin Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:17