We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobility Scooter rental in Dublin

Lewisville, TX
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Mobility Scooter rental in Dublin

Does anyone know where I can rent a mobility scooter in Dublin? We are doing a self-drive 2-week tour, and I would rather rent one there, instead of bringing one on the airlines from Dallas, TX. Any help?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobility Scooter rental in Dublin

Contact Mobility Ireland

www.iwa.ie/mobility/wheelchairSales.aspx

Assistance for Disabled is available at Dublin Airport and can be arranged through your Airline.

Lewisville, TX
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobility Scooter rental in Dublin

Thanks for this information, but we want to rent a battery-operated power mobility scooter to use on the actual self-drive tour. This site and link is only showing manual wheel chairs. We already have manual service at the airport provided by the airlines, but this would be a separate rental for a battery-powered mobility scooter.

Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
660 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobility Scooter rental in Dublin

Maybe try www. bolandhealthcare.ie .They seem to charge about 20 euros per day but the only problem I can forsee is that they may not hire to tourists as they need proof of address..ie utility bill.Good luck

4. Re: Mobility Scooter rental in Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 12:05
Lewisville, TX
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobility Scooter rental in Dublin

Thank you for the suggestion of Boland Healthcare. They were more than accommodating for us. Rented to us online and met us at a gas station parking lot to direct us to their place of business in Clane, just a short drive from Dublin airport. We got exactly the type of scooter we needed (could be taken apart and easily put into the back of the car). Boland healthcare owners were so helpful to us and even let us leave the scooter at our final B&B and they picked it up. We can definitely recommend them and will not hesitate to use them again.

Wolverhampton...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mobility Scooter rental in Dublin

i am in dublin for three days from 24/12/2013 i am unable to walk far is it possible to hire above for that short time alan page staying at o"calaghan alexander hotel thank you

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mobility Scooter rental in Dublin

You'll need to contact the company in question to see what they say. Don't think any of us here can advise you.

Wolverhampton...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mobility Scooter rental in Dublin

hi have you a phone no i can ring to inquire if i am able to rent mobility scootor over xmass period.

thank you alan

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,770 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mobility Scooter rental in Dublin

Contact details here, Alan:

http://www.bolandhealthcare.ie

Wolverhampton...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mobility Scooter rental in Dublin

would i be able to rent a battery mobility scooter over exmass period and what rental company can i use alan thank you