We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croke Park Hotel or the Conrad Dublin?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
70 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Croke Park Hotel or the Conrad Dublin?

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are looking to stay at one of these two hotels for a few days in June. What are everyone's thoughts between these two hotels.

We are using points for either, so cost is not the issue. I'm more curious about location and atmosphere.

Thanks in advance!

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croke Park Hotel or the Conrad Dublin?

Conrad wins hands down location-wise - Earlsfort Terrace is within a stone's throw of St Stepehens Green and other nice locations. Croke Park Hotel is a nice hotel in itself but is not far from some iffy parts of the city.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croke Park Hotel or the Conrad Dublin?

+1 for Conrad, better area, ambiance and facilities.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
70 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croke Park Hotel or the Conrad Dublin?

Thanks...it looked like Conrad was a bit up on the area and such...

Croke Park's reviews misleading on Trip Advisor? Just curious.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,156 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croke Park Hotel or the Conrad Dublin?

Both properties have roughly the same ratings on TA. Not sure how the ratings are misleading on one and not the other.

I really like the Conrad.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
70 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Croke Park Hotel or the Conrad Dublin?

I think the Conrad is winning out.

The ratings are the same...no question there...i was just curious as the Croke was certainly getting a lot of praise on TA, and wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Thanks for all the opinions!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,689 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Croke Park Hotel or the Conrad Dublin?

The Croke Park hotel is a good hotel, but location(except for the croke Park stadium)is not as good as the Conrad.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Croke Park Hotel or the Conrad Dublin?

As others have indicated: the issue is location. Right in the centre where you can walk to everything and, for example, come and go easily to your hotel during the day with The Conrad.

Versus an equally good hotel in The Croke Park Hotel, but, well north of the city centre and not as accessible on foot, for shopping, restaurants, sightseeing and so on.

Decent, regular public transport to and from city centre, although you'd still have a walk to get to those buses from the hotel.

And, not somewhere I'd personally feel comfortable taking short cut through some of the streets between hotel and city centre, especially after dark.

See the relative locations for yourself: Conrad in area around marker 31 on this map; The Croke Park at 16:

http://www.guidetodublin.com/map.shtml

Edited: 08 March 2012, 17:12
Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Croke Park Hotel or the Conrad Dublin?

No contest, the Conrad

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,367 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Croke Park Hotel or the Conrad Dublin?

Another vote for the Conrad.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Croke Park Hotel or the Conrad Dublin?

I am sure you will already have made up your mind to go for the Conrad, as all the posters have suggested.

As the others have said, the reviews are not misleading and the Croke Park is a really nice hotel.

I have stayed there and loved it but the location of the Conrad makes it a clear winner in a straight contest between the two.

When we stayed in the Croke Park, we were going to a game in the stadium and the location was perfect for us on that occasion.