We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fare

Brooklin, Maine
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Fare

What would be the approximate cost of a taxi ride from Connelly Station to Killester? I know there is a bus service, however I will be traveling on Saint Patrick's Day and the bus route will not begin operating until later in the day. Also how early will taxis be available on Saint Patrick's Day?

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Fare

The taxi journey will be 10-15 euro. You can take the dart train from Connolly to killester for less than 2 euro and should be operating as normal. What time of day are you travelling?

Brooklin, Maine
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Fare

I plan to be traveling around 8 in the morning. The route schedule on the DART website says the first bus will depart at 9:45. However, I would like to be back in the city by that time to find a good place for the parade. Thank you very much for your help. :)

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Fare

Note that Dart is suburban rail and as you note, does not start until after 9.00 on public holidays. However, you may be able to get a bus from Amiens Street to Killester at that time. Dublin Bus is apparently operating a Sunday timetable on St. Patrick's Day but I cannot see exact times for Sunday services to Killester from the city centre on the Dublin Bus website. However, there are normally several routes which travel via Amiens St to Killester. If there is no bus, then taxi is your only option as already noted.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Fare

Unfortunately there is no Dublin Bus service on St Patrick's Day to Killester before 9am.

Brooklin, Maine
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Fare

Thank you everyone for your help. :) Any suggestions for a cheap but good breakfast near Connelly station?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Fare

On St Patrick's Day before 9am you don't have a lot of options! You could try O'Shea's Hotel, they are supposed to have a very good breakfast from 7.30am. http://www.osheashotel.com/restaurant.html

Once or twice I have had breakfast in Issac's Hostel on the way to Connolly, I've heard it's reopened but I'd advice calling and checking first to make sure. http://www.isaacs.ie/Home.aspx

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,699 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Fare

The cafe at the hostel was still closed up to last week

8. Re: Taxi Fare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:43